I wanna ask you out.

People don't ask me out. I've had 2 boyfriends in my life, only one of which was serious (the first literally lasted a week and it was over Thanksgiving break so we didn't even see each other for that week). There have been a couple guys who were interested but never made it official. The theme though is that none of these guys asked me out on dates. My ex and I went on dates when I visited him, but it was never pre-arranged. He never asked, it just happened.

So when a new guy shows up at church and in my small group, I've gotten to the point where I pretty much assume they won't be interested in me. Because guys don't ask me out. They ask out the other girls in the group -- the ones who are sweet to everyone, love everyone, are giggly and cute, and generally just less strange than me.

Rewind to this past Sunday. There's been a guy coming to the group for the past few weeks. He seems like a great guy. We've talked a bit at church, and this past Sunday he, a couple others from the group, and I went to lunch after church. Nothing serious, nothing out of the ordinary. I had the slightest inkling that *maybe* he was a bit interested just because he seemed to make an effort to talk to me at church and after small group, but nothing that none of my other friends don't do, so I didn't think anything of it.

Anyway, we left small group that night, I left with this new guy and one of the other guys in the group who is basically like my brother. They were talking about a potential job opening, so I waved goodbye and started walking away. New Guy stopped me and said, "Wait, I need to ask you something too."
"Oooook." I waited for them to finish talking. The other guy gave me a weird look before giving me a hug goodbye and left.

"I just wanted to ask you out. I know I'm new, but I'd like to get to know you better. So... yeah. I wanna ask you out, if that's ok with you."
Um, yes. That is definitely ok with me.

So. We shall see! We're going out on Friday, but I don't know where. I guess he's planning the whole thing, because he only asked if 6:30 was ok and what my address is, so I assume he's also picking me up.

Excited. But super nervous. Mostly excited though.
January 21st, 2014 at 05:46pm