Tips for Girls

Let's be honest. Being a girl is some tough shit. I sometimes wish that I could be a boy, but then I remember that boys' reproductive organs are outside their bodies and that sounds absolutely awful.

Since being a girl often tests my sanity, here are some things I've learned from being a girl. Hopefully I can save someone from going through the same shit I did.

1. If you think you're about to start your period, you probably are. Be prepared because that is a phone call or trip home that you do not want to make.

2. Boys will not always mean what they say. They'll lie. They'll tell you what they think you want to here. They'll do absolutely anything to get what they want. Remember that.

3. That being said, there are good guys out there. They're not easy to find (trust me) but when you do find one it is so worth it. He'll be amazing and caring and everything you always dreamed of, and you have to hold onto him.

4. Use makeup in moderation. Seriously. When you first start using makeup, it's very easy to go overboard, so check yourself before you wreck yourself.

5. People change and that isn't always a bad thing. Your friends may change. They may become a totally different person than when you first met them. You may like them a lot or not at all. That's not a bad thing. People change, so don't be afraid to let go of something if it isn't working anymore.

6. High school isn't forever. I seriously can't stress this enough. Everything about high school seems so important at the time, but it's over in a flash and so are the bad things that come with it. High school isn't easy by any means, but it does end. Whether you hate high school or love it, it's going to end and you'll realize the things that mattered then really don't matter anymore.

7. Love yourself. You're a girl. Own it. No matter what body you have or what your style is, carry yourself with confidence. Love yourself and don't let anyone else's opinion change your own image of you. You may have your faults (everyone does) but there are so many more good things than bad, and you need to embrace them!
January 22nd, 2014 at 04:21am