Guys, I really need your help.

I'm meeting my boyfriend, David, for the first time on February 22.

I'm gonna cry or scream or die, I'm not sure which. I'm SO, SO excited! Like, I can't even put into words how excited I am. If I tried, this would be deleted because it would be considered spam!

WHAT DO I DO?

WHAT DO I DO?

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO?

I've met people from online before, but it was usually very last minute, unplanned, and just friends. The last time I met someone from online, it was this guy named Joe who lives just a couple of cities down from me. He had tickets to a Penguins/Bruins game at the Garden the next day, and I was free, although extremely hungover. I met him at TD Garden and, well, it was fine. No stress or nerves because, honestly, I had no time to stress over it. I just told everyone it was a guy I had met at the party I was at last night. Wait, no, I said I knew him from high school and he was at the party. It doesn't matter. We've hung out a few times since because we're a ten minute drive from each other. He visited me at work. It's normal. He's annoying as fuck, but we're friends. Nothing more.

David, now, is totally different. I've never met a long distance boyfriend from the internet in person before. I'm so, so, so, so, SO nervous, but even more excited (I think). He lives in New York City and I live about five minutes north of Boston. We're not really that far at all; we're lucky.

I asked my mom if she'd want to meet him, and she definitely does. So, he's coming up here with his friend who drives and I've become friends with, as well. They're coming to my house first to meet my parents, etc, then we're going to go into Boston.

Like... I'm so scared. I'm scared of awkwardness. We're both extremely open about being nervous wrecks and having serious anxiety over this, which, in a way, helps. It makes me feel better that I'm not going to be the only nervous one. And it's going to help, I think/hope, that his friend will be there with us, too. We're all very talkative people and have a lot in common, but, I don't know!

What I'm most afraid of is that I'm not going to be what he expects. I'm entirely real, but I'm afraid he's go to be disappointed, either in my looks, or our personalities are going to clash, somehow, even though they don't when we talk online, via text, over the phone, etc.

I have an amazing feeling about this, honestly, but... AHHH. I just need advice. Have any of you ever done this before? If you have, would you care to share your experiences, preferably over a message? What are some ways to calm my nerves?

Assuming this goes well (which we're both banking on), we're going to go to the Bruins/Rangers game at MSG in NY together on March 2nd! I'm taking Amtrak down there. We have it all planned out, haha. I'm just so nervous and ahhh! I want to fast forward to February 22nd and just be with him already, but I'm stressing out!
January 22nd, 2014 at 05:19am