You don't realize you need it until you've had it.

So, I was thinking today about how sometimes you really don't feel like you need something until you have it and get used to it.

Just a few days ago my car battery decided that it should die. I'm not entirely sure how this happened since my lights turn themselves off and so on but it happened anyway. Normally this would be a bit annoying but I would be able to get it fixed in a reasonable time; unfortunately, I have a lot of things going on during the day between class, work I need to finish, projects, and my actual work - I just don't have the time to get someone to take me to get this looked at (nor do I really have the money or want to take anyone else precious time).

Anyway, I've been riding my schools buses around just like I used to a year in a half ago. During that time I hardly thought much of it and didn't really mind it. Then again, during that time, I had a bit more time and less responsibilities.

It's not like riding the bus is that bad. I've been getting around perfectly well during the day when I really need to be moving. At night is when it SUCKS.

This event has made me especially weary of getting a smartphone (yes, I still don't have one). Every time I am asked why I answer: One, I don't really want to spend the money. Two, I don't need it. It would be nice and all but my little brick of a phone gets the job done just fine.

So yeah, that's my spiel for today.

Over-exaggerate morale: Don't get cars, kids. They will only let you down in the end.
January 23rd, 2014 at 04:25am