I'm Scared. Help T-T

Okay, so I am on my schools Knowledge Bowl Team, meaning, I need to be smarticle about the Culinary World and I really want this. It's an amazing opportunity and I've had so much fun, I've made a new friend and everything. Plus, it looks great on a resume (if we place well, that is)

Anyway, the rules state that each team has 5 members. 4 that play the game and an alternative. We've had 5 members for along time now (like, 6 months or so, probably more towards the so part) Anyway, it was perfect, we had a system, we were raising money, we had a fundraiser planned and we were working on that. Well, someone opened their mouth on the team.

One member, whom I will call Member J, decided that she was going to tell this person, who was not on the team at the time, that our only savory student was slacking and he didn't show up often. And this is actually SO FAR from the truth. Member A is one of the most dedicated people. He's taken time out of his work schedule to shadow our class and learn a thing or two about baking.

Member E, our team captain, and Member S and I have talked about the slacking Member J has done. She has missed a couple meetings, she completely sat out of an important fundraiser conversation. I've actually messaged her about a meeting as it was taking place and she replied "I'm eating dinner with my friends" a few tables away from us. She missed that meeting as well.She has skipped out of meetings early and while she was gone, Member A kicked all our asses at a trivia game. We need Member A and Member J made him feel less of himself.

So now we have a new Member, Member N. Member N is cool, I like him, he's savory and that is helpful to us, but because he is here now, we have 6 members and that means before April, someone is getting kicked off the team. There is no going around it, only 5 can attend the Rhode Island competition and it's the only competition there is.

I don't want to be the one removed because of Member J's big mouth lies. This scares me and I feel like I've been slacking and I need to kick it in overdrive. I'm going to cry.

xxBambi
January 23rd, 2014 at 04:34am