Fluctuate - musings

A website full of writers will not be strangers to the fear of running out of steam or inspiration.
I tend to do things in extremes. I'll use every one of my waking minutes reading books one after the other or binge watching tv series until I pass out at 5 in the morning. I get this obsessive behaviour from my dad who once he gets an idea in his head will throw himself head first into it without caution or care. My own fear stops me from jumping in at the deep end like he does but the addictive behaviour is present.

This is awful when it comes to writing. I love to write (jury's out on how good I am - the quality varies) but I suffer from manic episodes where I write soo much and then loose steam before I finish.

This aggravates me to no end. I would love to finish something successfully and without a compromise on the quality. However this rarely happens for me.

However before it gets too sad sack-ian around her my story 'You' has a clear direction I want it to take and several pre-writes which helps me to keep a steady update rhythm (currently every day). It makes me optimistic that the days of me losing steam and not being able to think the idea all the way to the end may be subsiding and making way for days where I will have stories that are not only complete but written well throughout.
January 23rd, 2014 at 09:36pm