This Drought is a Double Edged Sword [With Some SCANDAL & Silent Siren Talk Too]

Before I move onto the actual subject, let me fangirl a bit about SCANDAL and Silent Siren. On the 23rd, SCANDAL premiered the full video for Runners High, which is their next single and it’s a split single with T.M.Revolution. It’s a pretty big deal for the girls, T.M.R is a big star in the J-rock scene so it’s an honor for them to be releasing a split single with him. The video is a simple one, it’s a recording of the debut live of Runners High they did at their Best X-Mas 5 in December. It’s good though. They used a lot of monochrome and slow motion effects to heat up the performance. You could really see the passion in the girls with the way they were playing, I think this video shows their passion for their music excellently. You can view their new PV by clicking here.

It’s a good video and I’m definitely proud of the girls. Seeing a live PV is a good change of pace for them. I’m eager to get my copy of Runners High when its released~ (ノ゚▽゚)ノ

Silent Siren also released a PV recently. It was released the 22nd but I only saw it this morning, it’s for Guru Guru Wonderland. It’s such a cute and trippy PV! I love it, SaiSai never fails to be completely fucking adorable. I love when the girls dress in monochrome colors, they’re always cutest when they use those colors. I can’t wait for their new album to be released. Funnily enough, their album 31Wonderland is coming out the same day as SCANDAL’s new single (Runners High) is coming out. Click here for their new PV, although in LQ unfortunately.

I pre-ordered both and I can’t wait for them! (ノ゚▽゚)ノ Now onto the real blog~

Hi, Mibba. How’re you? Cold? That’s nice, welcome to winter. Lovely isn’t it? Although, I think someone forgot to give California the memo that it is indeed winter. We seem to be missing the cold that everyone else is getting this year. I guess California just didn’t want to participate in winter this year. We’re boycotting it.

No but seriously, everyone in the rest of the States (except maybe Florida because it looks like they don’t want to participate in winter either) is complaining about it being cold and snowy and rainy and whatever else it is during the winter season…. And then you’ve got California who is in the middle of a drought and who seems to have forgotten its winter.

Oops. Our bad.

I’m not going to lie; this weather is kind of enjoyable. The drought isn’t all bad; it’s a double edged sword really. As someone who lives in the San Francisco Bay Area, this sunniness is nice. We don’t usually get a lot of sun this time of year; usually we’re covered in fog and rain…. And then more fog. I live in Daly City, guys. WE ALWAYS HAVE FOG. Except for right now apparently but you know. So the sun and the heat is a decent change of pace around these parts.

For those of you who don’t know this area, we tend to deviate from normal California weather. We just don’t like participating in your year around boiling hot heat; you Southern Californians can keep that to yourselves. Much of the year, we settle around 60 to 70 degrees and we have a lot of fog. We rain pretty often and most of the time, we’re in an ‘autumn’ season. Our hot summer months are usually October or November where the heat gets unbearable… At least, unbearable for a bunch of people living in 60 degree weather every other day.

The best part about the weather around here is the tourists. A lot of people come to this area expecting us to be as hot and sunny as the rest of California… And then they figure out the truth. Hey, it’s not our fault. You were too lazy to properly research where you were taking a vacation and you were the one who assumed something. If you’re going to do that, I think you’ve given the locals permission to laugh at you a bit. When you come to our area, complaining about our weather because you just assumed that we would be hot then that’s your own problem and we’ve got every right to giggle at you. Just saying.

I understand why the drought is bad, there’s no water. Literally no water. There’s no rain, there’s no fog, there’s no mist. There are barely even any clouds in the sky. Even the mountains are getting less snow than usual.. It’s barren, there’s no water to be found. I guess the farmers have it the hardest, they rely on the rain to cultivate their crops and without any water, it’s harder to keep their crops healthy.

I kind of miss the rain though. It’s such a normal thing; it’s weird not to be getting any. I was watching the news and they said something like we’ve gone two months without a single day of rain already, which is pretty odd for this area. There was fog last night though, I noticed that when we were leaving the clinic. We left around 7 pm-ish though so… I dunno how long the fog hung around after that. It wasn’t much but it was nice to see the fog coming back.

Was there a point to this? Not really I guess. I was bored and haven’t blogged in a while so there you go.
January 25th, 2014 at 03:17am