Random

One of my friends on here shared a blog by an author named WriterSerenity who said her story had been plagiarism and put on Wattpad. After reading it and the comments I felt a need to say something.

I'm sorry for WriterSerenity and the others who commented saying it has happened to them. Anyway by stealing another writers work it just show how lazy and low you are. It also shows that you have no creativity and imagination of your own if you do that.

One person said on there that we writers spend hours, weeks, months, and even years writing and completing our stories and to have someone steal our hard work and present it as your own for me personally it would make me feel angry knowing that someone is getting praise and comments that they don't akd haven't rightfully deserve for my work.

There's an old saying steal from the best but make it your own. I'm sure there's some writers who might not mind if you use their idea if you just ask them and give them credit and acknowledgement in your story for the idea. Some are flattered that you like their idea enough that you want to use it. Like I said change it up make it your own or do something different than what they did.

And you may think you're never gonna get caught you're gonna be eventually by somebody. There's people who have mutiple accounts and are always browsing for new stories if they find a story that sounds similiar to a story on a different site all they have to do is pull that story up in another tab and compare them.

And they can easily message the writer and admins about it. Let me remind you the admins, story editors, etc are like the bosses of these sites and if they find out they can either ban you or delete your account permanently.

Like I said I felt a need to say something seeing and reading how upset she is. Now I'm paranoid that someone is gonna steal my stuff. Don't know why I guess it goes back to the laziness cause my stories are mediocre.
January 26th, 2014 at 01:26am