I Don't Believe In Marriage.

This blog is inspired by I Don't Believe by SynsityVM. I'm not trying to talk bad about her or the story. I love her and all her stories.

So I Don't Belive is about Serenity and Jimmy. They have a newlyfound relationship. Jimmy doesn't believe in marriage. Serenity wants marriage.

Jimmy wants to keep being with her but she doesn't want to be with him if he doesn't change his mind. The way I see the story is like this: She's forcing him.

That's kinda rude. If it's against someone's beliefs, you can't force them to change. It pisses me off. It really does. I mean you can't force a religious person that God doesn't exist or vice versa. You can't force someone to be gay or vice versa.

I don't believe in marriage. I never have. I never planned a princess wedding when I was younger. If I'm with you long enough to be with you then I'll be with you for a longer time.

If we are together for five years, if you propose I will say no. You want to break up with me? Fine. I'll find someone who respects my choice. If you stay with me after I say no, let's get married when all our kids are grown and we're bored and old and we're done with life, let's go to a courtroom or a Vegas drive-thru.

We've been together this long. We're 80. Nothing else to do. Let's do what you wanted to do a long time ago. Cuz we just proved the world we could be together without marriage.

Like that lesbian couple that got married when NY legalized gay marriage. They believed but they couldn't get married. They were really old. And now finally they have a stronger bond.

Let's do that. But if you want to force me, threaten me. You cannot be with me. I respect and love the fact that you want to symbolize our love with paper and rings. But let's do it when we have proved we did this without getting married young.

If marriage is part of your religion. You can't make babies without marriage. I respect that. I do. I'm not religious. But I respect that you have been raised like this and this is your beliefs.

These are mine.

What if you date someone religious? No one religious would want to be with me. I wouldn't convert. I'm sorry but I'm not sorry.

This may sound selfish but just think about it.

Would you want to be threatened or forced?

Mooshbye.
January 27th, 2014 at 12:21am