Writer's Survey From My Wife!

I got this from my wifey, seasalt. and she's so perfect.
Anyhow, here I go!

All about you, the author.

1. What is your author-pen name? (If you have one, if you don't your name will suffice or your Mibba name.)
Nic, that's all really.

2. When did you start writing?
I was extremely young when I started writing. It started with poems and then with fanfiction and then with my own stories because I felt silly writing fanfictions after a while. They were bad, that's probably why. But one I'm very much proud of.

3. Where did you start writing?
Pencil and paper, of course! Online I first started writing on Fanlib or something, technically I was on our desktop typing since I was so young but Fanlib was where I started.

4. What was the first story you ever posted?
The first story I posted online was something really dumb, I can't even remember what the title was but it was long as hell and got a lot of feedback. I think it was ridiculous though. The first story I posted on Mibba after my long hiatus was called, Folie a Deux and I plan to bring it back very soon~

5. What is your favorite story you've ever posted?
Right now I'll have to say that my favorite story I wrote and posted would be either Wallaby Way, Sydney or Guilt Trip, that's posted on here now.

6. What inspires you to write?
Anything and everything. I find inspiration and pull it from so many different kinds of things. Usually I will be browsing pictures and feel like a story needs to be written or I'll be thinking long and hard about the human mind and I'll need to write what I'm thinking. Inspiration just finds me and when it doesn't I wait for it.

7. Do you want to be published?
Aha, when I was young I wanted to be the youngest person to write a novel! It didn't happen but now I don't really want to be published. I can be though, because a family member of mine does work at a publishing company. I don't feel the desire to get my works published though, not until I'm at the apex of my pride in one piece of work will I publish it, and it won't be posted on Mibba.

8. Which author inspires you most and why? (Mibba-wise or published author)
I don't really have an author that inspires me to write, on Mibba or otherwise. I pull inspiration from myself and those around me but I cannot be inspired much by other authors, it makes me feel like my story is not completely my own.

9. What genre do you like to write most?
Horror, specifically psychological horrors. I hate that I love to write them so much but I really do. They make me feel accomplished as well as they make me think very hard about what I'm writing and when I do it well, I'll know because I'll get shivers.

10. How many stories have you finished?
Plotting-wise? Quite a few. Writing-wise? None. I have an incredibly short attention span and sometimes I just feel too discouraged with my writing to continue it.

Stories
1. What story are you currently working on?
I'm working on a story right now and it's called Intention. I'm very excited for it because it's only maybe the second or third time I began to think of a story and felt so much clarity. It's about the creator of the Universe, God if you will, and how she struggles with herself, knowing her children pray to her everyday and ask for her help, but also knowing that helping them comes with a price.
I have a feeling I'm going to be very attached to this story and once it's posted, I'll likely work on it and nothing else.

2. What is your biggest story pet peeve.
Unrealistic stories. I hate when there are too many inconsistencies, or if it's just too dramatic to actually work. When I read stories overrun with bad things that happen to the main character, it just makes me want to stop and move on. As well as if it's just so badly researched that things don't add up at all. I can't stick around for those.

3. What is a story turn on?
Give me something psychological. Give me a twisted story and a main character that believes deep in their bones that they're right, when society knows they're wrong. I love those kinds of stories and I write them fairly often.

4. Favorite genre?
Horror, of couse~

5. Original, fanfiction, or true stories?
Original fiction and true. I do enjoy fanfiction if I know what I'm reading about though, sometime. Original really takes the cake though.

6. Preferred chapter length.
More than 500 words, less than 2000. I love to read long chapters if I love the story and it all flows but if it's just long to be long, I get really bored. I have to move one and come back.

7. How do you like your titles?
Short-ish, vague but fits. If you can make the title work with the story and say something about the story without telling everything that's going to happen, fantastic.

8. How do you come up with characters?
Usually I have the personality of the characters in mind. They're all like little spirits in my head, their own personalities and then I search for models to fit them. Often time they're inspired by people around me or I take from myself.

9. Do you get attached to your characters?
I do. I've felt sad because of things happening to one of my characters and it made me have to stop writing, I had to come back to it days later.

10. Have an opinion on self-inserts?
Eh, I don't really like them but I won't avoid them.

Poems
1. How often do you write poetry?
Very often if I'm in love I wrote one poem for someone recently and posted it but I haven't felt inspired to lately. I often think in ways that sound fluid like poetry and write it out but it becomes a story.

2. Most popular poem on Mibba?
My poem Ohh Mibba~
It was silly, about the lag on Mibba. I don't feel any way about it.

3. Favorite poem you've ever wrote.
It was a story about my recovery. I was in the hospital and when I left I was asked about it. The story was about an illuminated doorway to a better life, I could say.

4. What's your style?
Long line, short line, long line, short line, usually. I don't rhyme often unless it's to be silly or for someone I like.

5. What kind of poems do you usually write?
Free-verse usually, I enjoy expression like that rather than twiddling my thumbs looking for rhyming words; though usually they come pretty easily.

6. Ever write a love poem for a significant other?
I have.

7. Do you have a favorite type of poem?
Epic. I love stories.

8. How about a least favorite?
I'd have to think about this, I'm really not sure. I don't read enough poetry to really have one.

9. Poem turn-off?
When it sounds as though people are trying too hard. Poetry as well as most writing is from the heart, let it come, don't force it, please.

10. Poem turn-on?
Poems that make you think.
I love the almost vague, I'm-going-to-teach-you-something-you'll-only-get-after-a-few-days kinda of poems. They're the ones that make me smile and I go back to time after time.
So that was long but I did it and I am actually very happy. I feel like I've learned a bit about myself. How's that for productivity on a Sunday? Anyhow, off I go.

- Tchao~
January 27th, 2014 at 01:10am