I understand disagreeing with someone or being offended by something...

... But, in all honesty, why would you track and or patrol a tag that offends you?

Like. I don't understand.

If LGBTQ+ offends you, get out of the tag. Stop reblogging posts from the tag and adding your opinion, and then complaining when someone challenges it. Stop searching out users in said tag and telling them that you wish they were beaten or assaulted in some way. That's uncalled for on so many levels.

If BDSM offends you, stop hanging in the tags or finding users in the lifestyle and telling them they don't deserve satisfaction/pleasure.

FOR THAT MATTER. STOP THREATENING ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH YOU WITH DEATH. Please? Wishing someone death just makes the entire situation spiral out of control, and it doesn't win you many points with most people.

If religions/beliefs that are not yours offend/rub you the wrong way, THERE IS NO NEED TO TROLL THE BLOG OF A PERSON WHO BELIEVES DIFFERENTLY.

Okay?

NOW. To clarify, I'm not saying you can't disagree. I'm not saying you can't add to discussion or debate someone who believes differently than you.

What I am saying, however, is that, at the end of the day, as long as they are not hurting you or someone else, as long as they are not raping, brutalizing, or murdering people, as long as they are not preying on others or bullying others, can we all just agree to disagree? Debate/discuss in order to learn/understand each other?

We can still disagree. You CAN believe something is wrong without tearing someone to pieces and trashing and stomping all over them.

At least, that's the best way I've found to be. Unless, of course, someone is out and out attacking you personally. (Because I also believe you should defend yourself.)

__________

Anyway.

Gooodness. How are all of you lovely Mibbians today?

I just got home from work and I'm totally wired, and watching Flowers in the Attic. I should probably update stuff, but I think I'll catch up on my subscriptions instead.

If you feel like recommending something for me to read/comment on, feel free. :3
January 27th, 2014 at 05:27am