I'm meeting my long-distance boyfriend for the first time in a few days!

Before I start, I just have to cry real quick: I dropped my iPhone screen flat on the tile ground of my bathroom last night when I was brushing my teeth. It's totally shattered. I'm getting it fixed at a store in Cambridge tomorrow morning and leaving it there while I go to the RMV to get a duplicate ID because I lost mine.

Anyway, I'm meeting my boyfriend for the first time this Friday! Originally, we planned for him to come up here to Boston February 22nd. His friend, who is doing us both a huge favor and driving him up here, has the weekend off, so they're coming up Friday instead! They're staying the night and leaving Saturday. I, sadly, have work Saturday until 5:30. They're going to stop at my work around then so I can say bye. I'm trying to figure out a way to get someone to cover me, but I don't think it's possible.

I don't believe he'll be able to come up the 22nd anymore, but regardless, I'm gonna be going down to New York City March 1st! I'm a diehard Bruins fan, and he's a NY Rangers fan, so we're going to see the game at MSG on March 2nd. I'm going down there on the first, staying at his house overnight, then we'll go to the game on the second, and I'll stay the night again and leave on the third.

Honestly, I cannot wait! We just found out today that he'll be able to come up Friday! I'm so nervous, though. I'm getting all worried about girly things like, what do I wear? What if my hair doesn't look good that day? What if my foundation makes me look too orange? What if I smell bad? WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF. I'm SOOO excited though, like I can't say enough how fucking excited I am! He's the cutest, sweetest guy I've ever met. The more I talk to him, the more I want to talk to him, and I can't stress enough how unusual that it. I never want to talk to anyone. I always get sick of people.

Question: Has anyone on here ever met a boyfriend/girlfriend they met online, in person?

-

We exchanged gifts for Valentine's Day early. I got him a Henrik Lundqvist jersey because, like I said, he's a Rangers fan and Lundqvist is one of his favorite players. Rick Nash was his favorite before he was even a Ranger, but he already has his jersey. He told me he was planning on getting me a Marc Savard jersey because Savard is my favorite Bruins player, but since he's "not on the team" anymore due to his injury, his jersey is a bit more difficult to find. He did find one on a somewhat sketchy site, so before he ordered it, he looked up the site, and it ended up being a scam site. So he got what he thought would be the next best thing, and honestly, I think it's even better!

He got me a signed (certificate of authenticity and all, lol) Marc Savard photo! He got me a frame for it, too, so it wouldn't get ruined! He's so thoughtful. :)
January 28th, 2014 at 04:04am