I hate tumbler.corn

Remember when Tumblr was a fun place to reblog cool pictures and share cool art and meet people based on liking the same TV show? I've been on that damn site since, uh.... Well it was black when I started. I think it's been blue for a good while now. More than four years, at least. And, ugh, those four years ago were nice before... I don't know what happened. I cannot tell if the fandoms of things I still like just got extremely annoying or I just stopped liking most things. Even Doctor Who and Sherlock, two shows I really enjoy, I really can't get on board the obsessiveness that is the Tumblr fandom. This obsessiveness that always shows up on my dash no matter how many people I unfollow just makes me feel really dull towards the shows. It's just annoying because I'm not invested to the point of near insanity (seriously) so it's just... very off-putting. Supernatural has been completely ruined for me because CASTIEL!!! <3 and whatever the hell. (I've watched one early episode and it was scary and cool, but my friends at school tell me that only the first two seasons are worth watching, but I digress.)

I'm not hating on anyone for enjoying this stuff, but obsession over TV is a very alienating and repelling thing.

And, of course, the Tumblr Social Justiceā„¢, er, "movement" is incredibly toxic and only focused on boosting egos and Who Will Win the Oppression Olympics. Not to mention completely naive, and sometimes I wonder whether or not some people have even, like... read a book on all these social issues they claim to understand. But that's another story, point being, that it's incredibly gross. One thing that I hate is when someone says something that isn't right, and they get inundated with anon hate with people actually calling them horrible things and telling them to kill themselves. Like yeah, bullying is brilliant activism! I understand getting angry over the wrongness prevalent in society, and telling people why they're wrong, but when is it okay to be horrible to someone who never directly insulted you?

Why am I still on Tumblr? I have met a lot of cool people on there and we Skype and Snapchat and my friends' blogs are hilarious. That's why.
January 28th, 2014 at 06:27am