I'm taking a moment to rant about something that's been on my mind.

So first and foremost, I want to apologize for the rant. This is just my point of view of a problem I seem to see everywhere I go and something that I get judged about and it eats me up alive. Maybe you don't like fantasy or anything related in any way to this, but I encourage you to read this and give me your opinions about it. Please?
Okay. So lately I realized, why are people so judgemental about things with fantasy about it, especially those that are religious?
This all started so many years ago. There’s this girl in my church who encouraged me to read Harry Potter. I’m one of those people that I’m like super religious so I’m cautious about everything (although I’m not a saint either, because I’ve done and will probably do even more terrible things in the future). Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not one of those people that are all picky about sinning and all that bullcrap and I’m super strict about it. We all make mistakes so honestly, just get over it.
But that’s out of topic.
So when I read the first book I was obviously hooked – if you guys can’t tell I’m now obviously in love with Harry Potter and I was from the beginning.
But somehow, everyone tries to ruin it.
Several months after my Harry Potter obsession began, I was planning on taking a trip to Universal to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I was talking to it about my sister when this woman who is friends with my mom, she comes to my house. She’s one of those people that are not only super religious, but she needs everything to be perfect and she hates sin and she would do anything to stop anything she thinks is wrong. When she heard me talking about it, she started shoving videos at my parent’s face about it and saying rubbish that it was all “devilish” and crap.
During that time, I was forced by my mom to stop obsessing over Harry Potter.
Eventually that ended several months ago. But no matter where I go, I’m judged about it now. My mom hates Harry Potter and she judges me about it and shoves all this rude crap at my face about how I’m going to hell if I keep it up or whatever and that I should stop obsessing over the wrong things because I just like to praise evil and not what’s good.
When the hell did I say that?
And who said Harry Potter is any different from anything?
Friends judge me about it. Community members judge me about it.
It sickens me!
So I was curious yesterday and I began to do some research on the video my mom was shown by that bloody git. I found that it talked first in one scene that McGonagall if you paused it while she was transfigured her face seemed to turn into a gargoyle or a demon kind of thing. I reviewed the scene over 100 times and paused it and took over 70 pictures of it, and nothing. All I saw was a cat sort of transforming into a human. Nothing unusual there.
Then it began rambling about Harry talking to snakes and how he allowed the snake to escape.
If you guys didn’t know, the snake in Christianity is portrayed as the devil.
So it was basically saying he released the devil.
If you watch the first movie, he actually was raging at his mean cousin, Dudley, and then if you didn’t realize since he’s a wizard random things trigger. And the magic accidentally opened the glass. He talked to the snake but he was shocked.
Did he bow down and fucking worship the snake or anything?
No.
Of course not.
But the video didn’t include that did it?
So we’re down to a cut off scene and a photoshopped demon.
What else?
Oh yeah! Illuminati.
The fun part!
It started saying crap about how Harry Potter was involved with the Illuminati. So then I decided to do some research on Illuminati bloodlines and stuff. I found nothing whatsoever involving Harry Potter or anything that triggered it. The only thing closest to it was the Deathly Hallows mark but it still wasn’t anything related to it. The illuminati sign is a triangle with an eye but the Deathly Hallows mark was a triangle with a wand and a circle thing on the back.
And then the witchcraft.
They were saying that in the Bible in some book it said something about magic being a sin. It did say that, but it said not to practice witchcraft.
How is watching a fictional movie or reading a fictional book going to make me sin?
If Harry Potter is sinful because of magic –
So is Cinderella.
So is Snow White.
So is Wizards of Waverly Place.
So is Percy Jackson.
So is everything almost.
But they don’t matter do they?
And the fact that my parents have nothing to do with me watching Walking Dead or anything but them being religious I would expect they cared it was some zombie show with devilish creatures rising from the dead or whatever. But no, it’s fine! You’re just watching the show and reading a comic it’s all jolly good.
It sickens me.
I’m sorry if you had to go through reading that whole rant but I thank you if you did. I really needed to let it all out because I hate so much how judgemental some people can be about this! And the fact that some people even have nerve to fake stuff or make up something about something that seems so devilish to them because of ONE THING! One little thing.
Sometimes the human race all in all disgusts me.
January 29th, 2014 at 10:11pm