UK government's ridiculous plans for schools.

Okay so first they want kids in formal, compulsory education until age 18, then they go on about a set formal curriculum for age 2 upwards, then they want to cut school holidays from 13 weeks a year to 7, and now the want school hours extended to be from 8/9am to 6pm.

Luckily so far only the first of these is in place.

I've been really vocal lately about my phobia of schools, and my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder... Which is because of my school experience. I struggle beyond belief just to have the so called strength to send my son to school every day, and now to hear this, I cannot handle it.

I have two options if all of these laws are passed. The first is I take my son out of school and home school him, the second and more likely one, is I kill myself. That is not an exaggeration, I am on the verge of it now but I force myself not to. I actually feel weaker for not doing it.

I am so annoyed that someone could think this is a good idea. I get annoyed enough when it comes to school and education without all of this going on, if this comes to be a reality, I don't think I could ever forgive myself for making my son go through that.
January 30th, 2014 at 10:20am