A week of being a vegetarian

I've always wanted to go vegan: It's always been in my heart but not my stomach. Not at all.

Because you know
Image

and of course
Image

but also
Image

Sorry, I'm okay.
Image

But in short I never thought I would ever be strong enough. So my boyfriend and I have agreed to try simply being vegetarians for a week and see where that gets us.

...Baby steps, okay?

Well, I say we both agreed. I agreed and he agreed under the condition that what he eats at work, stays at work. And I'll be the first to admit, some of the motivation behind my planned diet change is to lose a bit of weight. Lately I've discovered just how unhappy I am with not only the appearance of my body, but it's performance. At this rate I'm going to throw away all my shorts and tanktops this summer and lay in bed because I don't have the muscle strength to go out.

Seriously, I got winded the other day carrying a gallon of milk in the house.
Plus, lately I've had the energy of a sloth which shows quite a bit if you take a look at my house.

Image

A cute sloth.

Add that with the fact that I have another zombie 5k coming in October that I have vowed to actually participate in, and you have a very unhappy Robin.

So I guess my diet and exercise plan has more to do with me getting healthier than thinner. That and I'd like to break free from dependencies on suffering animals and eventually become completely independent from all animal products.

But...

Image

Baby steps.
January 30th, 2014 at 07:22pm