My Music Career Is Taking A Step Up

So I'm on YouTube if some of you don't know. I play guitar, piano, bass, and drums. Back to the point. I did a mini cover back in November. It was just the first verse of Jar Of Hearts by Christina Perri. I enjoyed making it so....I did a full on cover of it.
I don't really post videos of my music or of my covers. I sorta just play for friends and family. Everyone tells me that I should do something with it. I'm sorta a poet (I read Edgar Allen Poe as a kid. He was my ROLE. MODEL) and I wrote my first ACTUAL song. It's called "No Body Knew". I wrote it for a friend of mine who died a while back. He was a big part of my life and was since 4th grade. He had my back and was the strong one. In our 7th grade year I went through a hard time and he picked me up. I never knew anything was wrong in his life. He smiled, cheered me on, and acted happy 24/7. Then in 8th grade I get a call from his mother...he committed suicide. I blamed myself for his death because I never knew he suffered from depression issues. He kept it to all himself.
So it's called "No Body Knew". I posted the first verse, piano only. I want some people to know that not everything may seem ok. About a couple years ago, when he was still alive, I played for myself and MY pain. After his death I went through extreme depression. I stopped writing music and my grades slipped. Just last fall I picked myself up again. His mother had found a note written to me when she was putting his stuff in storage. I know I know sounds like the ending to a movie. But it was his suicide note to ME.
This changed my perspective a hell ton. My main focus for my music isn't my pain anymore. It's everyone's pain. How they feel. How they're not alone. How someone has their backs even if they don't know me. That's the effect I'm trying to give.
If anyone wants to check out my channel, it's Avery Libney Stone. I'd really like to spread the word so I'd appreciate if you liked and shared it. Night guys. Sleep well
February 2nd, 2014 at 05:44am