Guns--It's Okay to Not Like Them

I am a very opinionated person. By that, I mean, like, really opinionated. As such, I receive a lot of hate from various people.

I hate guns.

There, I said it. Now feel free to tie me to a stake and burn me for the blasphemy that I speak. But just hear me out. Guns. Kill. People.

How do we justify them. It's not like gorillas (you know, the animals we're technically distantly related to) take out a rifle to deal with their problems. They deal with you like men, and that's the way that we should do it...by that, I mean a screaming match, of course. It's inhumane to rip your enemies to shreds no matter how tempting it may be.

Now I've gotten the arguments about 'hunting' and 'protection.' Believe me, I get it. People today need food, and we need to be safe. So give hunters guns and send them to a place where it's okay to kill animals (something that my feelings on will no doubt find themselves on some other blog post), and here's a crazy idea when your house is being broken into: CALL THE COPS! Seriously, it's 3 freaking numbers. Come on, America. Say it with me: 9-1-1.

Now I know, guns keep people safe for when the cops don't get there fast enough. But let's just look at the past few years, shall we. We've had mall shoot-ups, school shoot-ups, movie theater shoot-ups, I'm pretty sure there've been some parks and other public places.

Look, I get it, our society has become way too reliant on guns. Despite my displeasure, I've accepted this. They will never be banned in America because it would be as pointless and hypocritical as the ban on alcohol a few decades ago. But bear with me when I say that we need some better freaking regulations, and citizens should not be permitted to have an AK-47 in their closet.

Or is that just me?
February 3rd, 2014 at 03:25am