My Encounters with Salon's Are Never Good (opinions, please!).

Yesterday I went to a local salon located in my town after calling ahead to see if they had a lilac color that I wanted my hair to be ombred with. I specifically explained to the woman, both over the phone and right before she started coloring my hair, that I wanted the light purple dye to be put into my hair in an ombre style (I also made sure she knew what ombre is).

She starts coloring my hair and then sticks me under a dryer-thing. That's when I notice that not all of the end pieces of my hair were wrapped up in the tinfoil. I thought that was puzzling because not only had I seen pictures of what ombre hair looked like, but the hair stylist even clarified to me that ombre was mainly putting the color on the end pieces.

An hour an half passes and she finally shampoos my hair, blow dries and styles it. That's when I finally notice that the color is barely visible and she had not even brought it up as far as you're supposed to. I left the salon (after paying $56.00) and went to show my mom. She pushed all my hair behind my shoulders and explained that with my strands like that, you couldn't even see the little bit of color she had applied.

I was so disappointed because I sat in that damn salon for three to four hours last night.

So today I called (because they have a seven day refund policy) and asked if I could come in and have more color added in the ombre style that I had requested yesterday. The stylist says yes, that she figured I'd want more put in; she also explained that she didn't put too much in it yesterday because she wanted to make sure I liked it... I don't understand that? I mean, I asked for a certain style with the color I wanted; why wouldn't you just do it?

I don't want to have to pay again today. I honestly don't think I should have to because I requested multiple times yesterday an ombre style and you can clearly tell that is not what the stylist did for me.

Do you think I should have to pay? If not, how to I bring that subject up to the stylist without sounding like a bitch?
February 5th, 2014 at 08:55pm