I Love Journalism

As the title suggests, I love my major, journalism. Let me tell you, I used to want to be a therapist or an artist. I didn’t always want to write for a living. A series of things happened to me though, making me change my mind. First, I had an amazing seventh grade teacher for English that made me realize how much I loved to write. She boosted me up, lifted my spirits and helped me become a better writer. She is the reason for my love of reading and writing. Without her, I don’t think I would be pursuing journalism. 


Second, I joined Mibba. Yeah, you guys truly created a fun atmosphere for me to allow my writing to grow. I believe that Mibba is another reason I want to be a journalist. I’ve read blogs on here that show me anything is possible and the opportunities in life as a journalist or writer are boundless. You merely have to be persistent, a hard worker and willing to deal with rejection. My third reason is I am now a senior in college and I’ve taken enough journalism classes to realize I have a real passion for it. I love my journalism teachers and how kind they all are.

The scary part about graduating from college though is being able to get a job. I am incredibly nervous that I won’t have one for a little bit. I have faith, but I’m also scared. I want to live in Stephenville, because my boyfriend is going to stay in our college town for a little bit, and because I truly love the town. I am hoping to get a job at the Empire Tribune in Stephenville, but if that doesn’t work out I’ll try to get a journalism job in the surrounding areas and drive to my job. It’s not a big deal to me, but I will see where life takes me.

So what are your thoughts on this guys? Do you have a desire to aspire to be a writer of some sort and what is it? Also, how passionate and adamant are you about your dream job? I believe you should have a lot of passion and love for whatever you decide to do in life.



Halloweenlover is signing out.
February 6th, 2014 at 12:14am