Irrational Fears

Okay, I'm just so angry at myself right now. I woke up at four in the morning (on a Saturday :P. ) and I was shaking and sweaty and jumping at every single noise because I had this super vivid dream that was uber scary. About zombies. Which I am very afraid of.

And I can't fall asleep! I am 15 and I'm afraid of zombies. Mature, right? Yeah, and I'm scared of the dark. I had my blanket from my early childhood that comforted me until I was twelve. Not proud of that. And my fears aren't just tiny little things that I quietly shy away from. I think that I just have an over active imagination. It's really freaky. I can't go anywhere in the dark without imagining scary zombie type things and psycho killers. I scare myself.

I think that my dreams do help boost my fears, too. They're not really... Normal dreams. They are always really, really vivid and I can always remember them when I wake up and throughout the day. It's okay if it's a good dream, but when it's not... You get it. And when I have a bad dream, I wake up early in the morning when it's still dark out and everyone's sleeping so I can't fall asleep or be comforted or anything. It's just me. In my bed. In the dark. Alone.

Do I have an over active imagination? I have so many irrational fears... Like zombies, the dark, creepy psycho animals breaking into my house, etc. Do you guys have any fears like this? Or am I just weird?
February 8th, 2014 at 03:28pm