Violent Animal Slaughter and Other Forms of Torture You'd Hate Too

So I decided to make Sunday Blog Day and since I spent part of Saturday napping, I'm perfectly fine with saying that 5 am is a bright new day...even though it's still dark...

I told you it'd get here eventually. I just didn't plan on it being so soon.

Yes animal slaughter. This is one that hits particularly close to home being the proud owner of a beautiful and loving German Shepherd. Now I get it, as a self-titled omnivore, people gotta eat. But do we really need to make it violent and horrible as it is? Just thinking about shooting a deer makes me think of poor Bambi's mom and that is one closed door that I do not want to reopen. I just don't understand how we can watch those commercials and videos posted on the internet by PETA and the ASPCA displaying these wretched, bloody, heart-string-yanking sequences of animals being brutally slaughtered and not think twice about the next McDonald's chicken nugget they put in their mouth. But please don't even get me started on poachers because I could go on all day about how hunting whales and seals is ILLEGAL in most parts of the world and hunting endangered species is likewise. And yet we have those humans who think we're just so superior to those animals that we evolved from. But who is it that's really evolving at this point: us or them?

And then there's dog fighting. Under this category, let's also just throw in dog racing, horse racing, bull fighting, bull riding, and cock fighting just for good measure. First of all, I hope you know that there's only a one-in-a-million chance that a dog taken away from a fighting ring won't be put down because they may display violent behavior later in life. And I'm sorry but I don't think those dogs and horses actually asked to be thrown on a track and forced to run in a circle mimicking NASCAR (which is one of the most POINTLESS sports in my head) on foot. And then of course there's any sport including bulls. Keep in mind I'm part Mexican and that some of those sports actually come from that country and that I am ASHAMED of that part of my culture. Did those bulls ask to be taunted by a red blanket or ridden on and killed after trampling men to death? I don't know, maybe they just have some bull whisperer in Spain who received word from the bulls that it's okay to run them on the street with men and be killed later. Maybe they were just suicidal, and we were just putting them out of their misery. And let's not forget about cock fighting. Oh yeah, it's okay to just put a couple of angry chickens in a ring and bet money on which one will still have a head when the fight is over.

Yeah, because all of that is really humane, people.
February 9th, 2014 at 11:12am