Updates | Job Stuff | Story Idea | Avatar Change

Before I start, I'm going to try my best to muster through this blog, because my computer is being a nuisance today for some reason. Why? I don't know, but I can't even watch a simple youtube video without it buffering every 5 seconds. I'm hoping that it's just an off day, and things will go back to normal tomorrow.


Aside from my computer problems, I decided I would take this time to share what's been going on in my life, and to some of you, I probably seem like a complete stranger in the blog section.


- - -


  • Job Stuff:


Lately I've been experiencing some money troubles, it's been quite a rocky few months for me until recently where I managed to snag three different jobs. All of which were around the same time. So I'm not technically working yet, but I'm just starting orientation and training with them. And I definitely don't plan on working for all three of them at the same time. However, since I'm new to all three of them I do plan on going in and trying out all of them and then I will decide which of the three would work best for me. How I will decide will be based on how much I spend on travelling there, the length of time I travel there and back, what my pay is like, what my hours are like, and overall experience. It may seem like quite a lot to manage but I'm a firm believer in keeping as much options open as you can, or at least no more than three in this case. I just hope I don't become too overwhelmed, but I do plan on quitting two of them after the first week. It really doesn't sound fair to the employer or people applying for the jobs, but sometimes you got to do what you got to do in order to survive.


  • Avatar Change:


Quite like my Facebook profile picture I haven't changed my avatar picture in a really long time. Come to think of it I've been using the same picture for at least a year now.
While my Facebook picture is still collecting dust, I decided to update my avatar on Mibba. In order to do that I wanted to go with something that would fit my name and my previous picture.
The idea behind my screen name is basically my view of how society has gotten so lazy and accustom to technology. The theme I wanted to project with the avatar was something futuristic and sci-fi.


  • Story Idea:


If anyone has looked at my main page, you would see in my description that I have decided to put stories on hold in order to focus on school. While I'm concentrating on becoming an aspiring filmmaker, that doesn't mean I can't jot down story ideas as I go along.
A couple of months ago, in my scriptwriting class I came up with a story based around an urban legend by the name if "La Llorona" and turned it into a short script. I got some great feedback on the script from my peers and instructor and I hope to turn it into a short film one day. While there is no sign of a scriptwriting section on Mibba, I thought I would take my script and turn it into a story. It would be nice to get more feedback, however unlike the script I don't plan on duplicating it word for word. It would probably be best that I would take it and make an alternate version.


Before I continue on, those who are reading this are probably asking themselves who or what "La Llorona" is. So I'll just break it down briefly for you:


La Llorona, also known as "The Weeping Woman" is a mexican tale about a girl named Maria who looked so beautiful, and was prideful of her good looks. As she grew older, her beauty continued to blossom, and she wanted nothing to do with any men because she thought she was too good for them. That was until a handsome young man rode in on a horse to her village one day, she knew that he was the one. Eventually they both ended up together, they got married and eventually had two children together. Everything went well for them until her husband had to go away to the prairies for a few months. When he came back he only showed love and affection towards his children and stopped caring for Maria. One day her husband had wandering eyes for another woman, and when Maria saw this, she was filled with rage and took her anger out on the two children. She seized the children and threw them into a river. Maria and quickly realized what she had done and decided to chase after them, but the children were already gone.
The next morning a villager found Maria lying dead by the river bank.
After she was deceased some villagers saw a woman walking up and down a river bank in a white robe crying for her children.


There are some variations to this urban tale, but I think it would make for a really interesting story with a modern day twist. I would like to know what everyone thinks. As well, I also found a short film on youtube based around the urban tale, so if you have 7 minutes to spare, check it out:




That does it for this blog. I hope to put up a variation to this story on here soon enough.
If you enjoyed reading this blog or shared some common interests, feel free to leave a comment over on the side.
Later.
February 10th, 2014 at 02:48am