I'm feeling really good!

Seriously, Mibbz! I've got a crazy amount of things going on this week (3 exams, 2 papers, 1 project, plus normal homework and reading responses and stuff), and I am one-hundred-percent not at all prepared, but I'm feeling great!

That's weird, isn't it?

Still, let me recap some of the awesome happenings of this past week:

1. I got into a car accident for the first time ever in my life. (A woman spun out on ice and even though I was at a safe following distance... you can't brake on ice, and I couldn't do more than two feet of swerving without rushing into oncoming traffic, so yeah.) BUT, no one was hurt, and there wasn't any more damage than a few scratches, so no one even called the insurance. WOO.

2. I lost my wallet at the grocery store. After I paid for my groceries, at least, but I got all the way home before I realized that it was missing. And after running all the way back to the store and looking everywhere in a panic, I went to the customer service desk, and someone had turned it in without touching anything inside (and let's be clear, I had several cards, my license, my passport, and over three hundred dollars cash in there!).

3. My dog's suture area from her spay two months ago suddenly got an infection that the vet said couldn't have been caused by anything I might have done wrong. But, even though I brought her in and had to pay for the test and the antibiotics, it turned out the office had a new client special where the first wellness exam was completely free, so I didn't have to pay for the office visit or for any of the routine examination things.

4. I found a church in my town that I really like a lot (and I've never said that before)! It's a UU church, so there are people in the congregation from pretty much every faith and lack there of, and I am seriously so excited to have found such an awesome and welcoming group.

...So, there were only four things, but still. And the last one didn't even have a downside. xD

Is it weird that three of my four things I'm excited about had a major panic-worthy downside before there was a positive?

...Now if only I could get to actually writing some chapters... Or, you know, doing the assignments that I have due.
February 10th, 2014 at 05:41am