Sleepy Hollow: Overview & Review

Season Overview


In the show, the headless horseman and Ichabod Crane are bounded together by blood. Katrina, Ichabod's wife healed Ichabod and placed him in a deep sleep. Which he slept in for two hundred years. It later turned out that his wife was a witch.

Fast forward 200 years, and Ichabod awakes in modern time. He is arrested for talk of a Headless horseman, who brings a impending apocalypse, which brings Lieutenant Abbie Mills into his life, along with Captain of the force, Frank Irving. Down the road, Abbie starts to take his thoughts into consideration, and gives him the benefit of the doubt. Given some stuff that happened to her when she was a child.

She and him take the appropriate steps to fend off the Horseman, and the apocalypse. One of the steps require Ichabod and the Horseman to be separated. In order for that to happen, Ichabod and Abbie call on the help of a man named Henry Parish. Also known as, "The Sin Eater." He frees Ichabod from the horseman.

Throughout the season, along with fending off the apocalypse, Abbie and Ichabod try to free Ichabod's wife, Katrina from purgatory. She is being held there by a demon named Moloch.

Some episodes later, it is revealed that Ichabod and Abbie had been connected years before. Katrina, before getting placed in purgatory, had a child. Whom was birthed by one of Abbie's great-great-great, aunt.

In the final, Abbie trades her soul, so that Katrina can be free, resulting in Abbie now being in purgatory. It is revealed that Henry Parish, "The Sin Eater" is Ichabod's and Katrina's son. Whom also locked away his father in a coffin, and gave his mother to the Headless Horseman.


Review of the Season

For season two, I hope that Ichabod and Abbie are both freed early in the season. Like in episodes one and two, given the fact there's this apocalypse they still need to fight off.

I also hope that they give Ichabod more chances to wear modern clothes. Yet, keep him in his 19th century outfit.

To all those who's never seen the show, I highly recommend it. It's a great combination of horror, and comedy. And to all my fellow 'SleepyHeads,' let's keep supporting the show. Yeah?

Image
February 10th, 2014 at 05:28pm