Buttered Rum and Pumpkin Spice coffee

Pumpkin Spice
In saucepan, steam together:
2 cups milk
2 tbls canned pumpkin (I gave two big scoops, cant have enough pumpkin)
2 tbls sugar or sweatner (I added an extra tbls, I like things sweet)
Keep mixing it together. When it starts to simmer, take it off the burner and mix in:
2 tbls vanilla ( I know its a lot, BUT the other day I only had enough for 1 tbls and 2 makes a difference!!!)
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Whisk or Blend together. Fill your cup with a little more than 1/2 cup and add either 2 shots of espresso or I used a stronger coffee. I have a Keurig and the other day I tried to make Dunkin Donuts Cinnamon Coffee, well it was too weak a coffee. So I had Newmans Own Bold Blend k-cups so I just used one of those. After I stirred it together I tasted it and needed a little more pumpkin pie spice and I used some splenda packets. The results after were AMAZING. Threw some whip cream on top with a dash of ground cinnamon. Im currently sitting here enjoying a nice cup of the brew and Im in heaven :) Enjoy!

Rum
Tk’s “I’m-not-drinking-alone-I’m-being-seasonal" on-demand hot buttered rum recipe

The “Batter":

1 heaping cup brown sugar (measuring is for chumps)
1 stick of butter (or more, more is more as long as it’s not too much right?)
put them in a bowl together and microwave for thirty seconds so the butter softens
blend them together
if you use your hands to blend the mixture it’s fabulous on your skin
add 1/2 teaspoons of (ground): clove, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract - or to taste
If you’re using imitation vanilla though definitely use a full teaspoon.
mix it all together
cover and keep it in the fridge.
The Beverage:

Boil some water or milk and pour it in a mug
I tend to do a quick steep of black tea in the water or milk, but it’s optional
add one or or two tablespoons of the batter to the mug of boiled goods
stir
add a teensy squeeze of orange (optional)
throw in a shot or whatever (who’s counting?) of dark rum (I use kraken)
top with whipped creme and add a stick of cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg or cinnamon or whatever you feel like
enjoyoyoyoy
(and don’t drunkenly forget to but the batter back in the fridge)

Earl Grey Cupcakes
How to make Earl Grey Tea Cupcakes
Ingredients (12 regular sized cupcakes):
Earl Grey Tea Infused Cake
2/3 cup whole milk
4 Earl Grey tea bags
1 3/4 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup canola oil
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
Earl Grey Buttercream
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons heavy cream

Directions:

To prepare cupcake, heat milk in microwave until just start boiling. Place tea bags in milk and let it steep for 30 minutes, and the mixture is at room temperature. Discard the tea bags. Reserve 3 tablespoons for buttercream frosting.

Preheat over to 350F. Grease muffin tin or line with muffin liners.

In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well and set aside.

Add sour cream and vanilla into the milk and tea mixture. Mix well and set aside.

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix canola oil and sugar on medium-high speed until well combined. Reduce the mixer speed to medium and slowly add eggs until just blended.

With the mixer on low, slowly add half the flour mixture; mix until just blended. Add the liquid mixture, mix until just blended. Slowly add remaining flour mixture, scraping down sides of the bowl with a spatula, as necessary, until just blended.

Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Transfer muffin tin to oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer muffin tin to a wire rack and let cupcakes cool completely.

To prepare buttercream, beat butter for a few minutes in a standing mixer with the paddle attachment on medium speed. Add powdered sugar and turn your mixer on low, beat until the sugar incorporates with the butter. Add vanilla, heavy cream and the reserved Earl Grey tea, beat on medium speed for another 3 minutes, or until buttercream becomes light and fluffy.

Frost the cupcakes with the buttercream and serve.
February 10th, 2014 at 09:24pm