When It Seems You are Allergic to Everything

I swear over the past few days (well, a week) every time I eat anything I break out in hives, get terrible cramps, get a headache, and feel nauseous for an hour. Sometimes I think I feel my lips and tongue swelling. Even with massive doses of benadryl and vistaril the hives haven't gone away. Not even steroid cream helped. I pretty sure I'm allergic to corn. The few prepackaged things I do get like cereal, rice milk, beans, and cereal I make sure don't contain corn to the best of my ability because corn is literally in everything. This week I can't have a banana without being covered in hives with minutes. Brown rice also made me sick. I have even felt like I'm having a reaction after drinking a bottle of distilled water. It is beyond ridiculous at this point. I was supposed to have an appointment with an allergist and internist, but thanks to icepocalypse I have to wait till Monday most likely which also means no benadryl over the weekend.

I have been avoiding vegetables for this week, but I might try some steamed kale tomorrow. I usually eat a head a day. I went to some make your own stir fry tonight and I felt okay after the vegetables (bok choy, romaine, spinach, and green beans).

I'm sorry I haven't updated. I have tried to write. Between being knocked out by benadryl and being enthralled with the olympics I just haven't been able to write much. I have literally felt like death since last Saturday. On the bright side I probably get a chance to try curling on Saturday. With how bad the US Women's Curling team is who knows what that can lead to (seriously, Britain set a new olympic record for most points scored in an end when they played them. Britain scored with seven out of their eight stones.
February 14th, 2014 at 02:43am