My Interview with ''Hazel Grace.'' and ''uBEAT.''

Hello everybody. ::mrgreen:

Sorry for making you wait so long for another interview. Don't be angry because I finally had some tme to post today's interview which is with Hazel Grace. She writes fanfics and original fics. I like her writing style and I suggest you go read what this mibbian has posted on here. My favorite story by her is Concrete Jungle which she hasn't updated in a while.

And with this, we reached questioning time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

My name is Amber Lee.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

I think I joined in 2011, maybe 2010. So 3 or 4 years.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

No, just Mibba.

04. Since when have you been writing?

I started writing when I was eleven.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

In order of last updated, not including the stories I plan on deleting or re-writing:

Oblivious:
"I can handle it." - Those were the four words that Judy Willsmore told herself when she decided to purposely get pregnant at fifteen.

So Cliché:
A funny story consisting of all the story clichés from creative writing websites that I can think of.

Ellen:
A short story from the point of view of Ellen from the RPG game The Witch's House

Remember Me, Garry?:
It's been 12 years since Ib and Garry's crazy adventure through the art gallery. After coincidentally running into each other they are reunited once again and now that both of them are of age, romance soon follows. But will a vengeful acquaintance from the past ruin their chances of living happily ever after?

Cursed Little Miracle:
Basically just another teen pregnancy story.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

Cursed Little Miracle is a re-written version of a story I wrote on Quizilla when the teen pregnancy cliché seemed to be all the rage. Nothing really inspired it, I was just kind of following the crowd and one day I got bored and decided to re-write it on Mibba and see where it goes.

Remember Me, Garry? was inspired when I saw that a lot of people shipped Garry and Ib from the game Ib. I was bored at school and decided to write a short story in which Ib and Garry are a married couple.

That Girl is a story which I am currently re-writing because I’m unhappy with the way it has turned out but I’ll share what inspired it anyway. (Copied and pasted from one of my authors notes) Before anyone accuses me of glorifying teen pregnancy again I’d just like to share my inspiration for this story. About 4 years ago a family friend got pregnant. I can’t remember how old she was but she was either in her late teens or early twenties. The father of the baby is a deadbeat who she wasn’t dating at the time she fell pregnant. She partied all the time, never wanted kids and swore more than anyone I’ve ever known. No one thought she would be a good mother. She had a little girl and settled down right away and she is a great mother. She was a single mom for a lot of the baby’s life and supported her all on her own. She is how I came up with the idea for this story. So if this story ever comes off as "glorifying teen pregnancy" then keep in mind it's based on true events.

Ellen was inspired by the RPG game The Witch's House. I find the Ellen’s character really interesting and I can’t help but love her even though she is so heartless. I also really love the plot twist in the end of the game, I just thought it was genius and so unexpected. I did some research on Ellen’s character and decided I wanted to write something that told a little bit more about her character and had a bit of a twist in the end.

So Cliché was inspired when I was reading a story on a creative writing website similar to Quizilla and I read this story that was just the most cliché, poorly written and unrealistic thing I’ve ever come across…but I loved it. It just reminded me of the good old days on Quizilla and it did give me a good laugh. I went searching for more of these brilliantly bad stories but couldn’t find any, so I decided to make my own story consisting of every cliché I can think of. I guess it’s almost like a parody of all those old stories that used to be popular.

Oblivious was inspired when I was watching the Maury Povich show and of course, there were girls aged 13-17 screaming “I don’t care what my mama says, I’m a grown ass woman and I’m gonna have a baby!” at the time I also heard that my friends little sister who is 13 wants to have a baby by age 16. Everyone just seems to want to be a teen mom these days and I’ve seen hundreds of stories where the teenage girl accidently falls pregnant or is raped but I’ve never seen one where the baby is conceived on purpose so I decided to write one because it seems relevant to what’s going on in society these days.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

Cursed Little Miracle:
I’ll always love Kristen even though I really don’t like the way I wrote her, however I can’t help but like her little sister Danni more. She’s almost parallel to Kristen because while Kristen is struggling in school and leaving home just so she can study somewhere that caters to pregnant girls, Danni did well in school and ended up going to Germany on a student exchange program. Although her opinions are a bit stubborn she’s also kind of the voice of reason sometimes.

That Girl:
Taya (now Charlotte in the re-write) is my favourite. Everyone else is just…so bitchy, apart from Gabe but Taya is (surprisingly) my favourite. I have this habit of just falling in love with my characters even though some of them are supposed to be unlikeable, for example Taya likes being known as a slut despite the fact that she’s only slept with a couple guys. She just liked the attention. Then she got pregnant and although she realises it’s no one’s fault but her own she still cries “woe is me”. I’ve met a ton of people like her in real life and they’re just insufferable so I don’t know why I even like Taya at all.

So Cliché:
It’s gotta be Mackenzie. She’s just the epitome of cliché and is basically the poster child for the good old Quizilla days.

Oblivious:
My favourite character is probably Ellie, the best friend of the main character, Judy. Like Taya, Judy isn’t really meant to be a likeable character because of the terrible decisions she makes. Even though Ellie is also quite immature, I think if she was a real person she’d be a pretty fun friend. She’s just really bubbly and funny.

08. Do you do research before writing?

Yes, I try to find out as much as possible to avoid inaccurate and unrealistic things in my stories and I hope that it’s payed off in my stories.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

I don’t read too much on here but my favourite author would have to be LookingForSophie and adrenaline.’s story It's All in Our Heads inspired one of my old stories (which has since been deleted)

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

I do. I have a lot of unpublished stories on Mibba that I plan on starting sometime in the future and most of them are things I’ve never written about before because I’d like to try and move on from the same old things that I’ve been writing about these past few years.

11. What's the hardest story you've ever wrote?

Probably Cursed Little Miracle simply because of all the research I had to do and the amount of time it took to write it (including the original version). I was also contemplating not finishing it because I had some drama with plagiarism and at the time nothing could be done about it. The person kept copying a few of my stories and it just made me not even want to keep posting on Mibba but said person has since been banned and all is well.

12. What does writing mean to you?

It’s an escape. I can write a whole new world and be in control of everything and I can I can use writing as a way to get my feelings out.

13. About what was the first story you ever wrote? Could you tell us a little bit more about it?

It was a story about a love triangle between a human girl, and two guys, one was an angel and one was a demon. I wrote it when I was 13 on Quizilla.

14. What's the story you're most proud of?

Despite the fact that is not my best story by far and could do with a ton of improvement, I’m probably most proud of Cursed Little Miracle, just because I actually stuck to it and completed it…twice.

15. What is your biggest writing weakness?

Probably romance. I suck at writing romance realistically. I would probably improve on my grammar too.

16. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

I’m more of a writer. I read bits and pieces on Mibba but there are only two stories that I actually read and stay tuned for.

17. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

Yeah, if it has an interesting plot that appeals to me I’ll read it.

18. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

I prefer to write original fiction and when it comes to reading I have no preference.

19. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

Yes although I probably mainly write PG-13 and R rated stories.

20. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

Either drama or tragedy.

21. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

I prefer to read something with some drama in it and I usually go for stories rated PG-13 and above.

22. What's the hardest character you've ever wrote?

Probably Kristen just because of all the pregnancy research I had to do.

23. Is there a certain place you like to be when you write? Something you have to do in order to concentreate on writing?

When I was at school I enjoyed spending my free lessons and lunch breaks in the nearby subway writing on a notepad because there was nothing else to do and no distractions.

24. In which of the characters you created, do you see yourself? (If there is a character like that)

I see a bit of myself to some degree in all of my main characters. I’ve just always unintentionally created them with similarities to me.

25. When you have writer's block, what do you do to get back to writing?

I read and watch things for inspiration but if that doesn’t help then I just step away and leave it for the time being. Forcing myself to write will only produce something with terrible quality.

26. If you were a character in a novel, how do you think you would be? Is there a character of a published novel which could be you?

Luce from Fallen by Lauren Kate.

27. Which is your favorite character from a published novel?

I’m going to be really original and say Augustus Waters from The Fault In Our Stars.

28. How often do you update?

I aim for at least one new chapter a week for my active stories but lately it’s been hard to keep up, but I try to update as much as I can.

29. Any words for your readers?

Thank you for reading, recommending, subscribing, commenting, etc. I really do appreciate it.

30. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

Not really. I’m not much of a reader.

^-^ Thank you. ^-^
_______________________________________________________

The next interview is with uBEAT. This girl writes original sslash stories and my favorites one are Cursed and Transparent which sadly haven't been updated in a long while but I hope she gets back on them. You should go check them out and leave some feedback behind, maybe that will motivate her to keep writing for these two stories, right? Now, go - go!

Once again, it's questioning time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

I won't give my last name but my first name is Sarah.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

Four or five years I think.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

I had a Quizilla account but nothing recent has been posted on there.

04. Since when have you been writing?

Since I was eleven years old.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

All of them? They are slash stories.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

Some of them were just random and others were inspired from various things like TV shows or yaoi.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

Shiloh and Kai from Pride because they were a cute couple, in my opinion at least.

08. Do you do research before writing?

A little.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

I love my editors stuff, Yuurei., and Emily! They don't really write much anymore, boo~

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

All my stories are experiences I've never had since I don't date.

11. What's the hardest story you've ever wrote?

Help Me because I don't know much about babies.

12. What does writing mean to you?

It's just a hobby.

13. About what was the first story you ever wrote? Could you tell us a little bit more about it?

My first story was in my "emo" stage and I even called it "It's An Emo Romance," or something. I think that's what it was and it was like 50 chapters of a boy and girl romance stuff. I don't even know - it sucked, bleh.

14. What's the story you're most proud of?

Pride.

15. What is your biggest writing weakness?

I forget about my stories sometimes and procrastinate writing it, hehe.

16. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

Writer. I don't read much.

17. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

No. If I read it's either manga or fantasy stories. Surprisingly, I hate romance stories.

18. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

Original. Fan fiction creeps me out a bit.

19. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

I guess so, probably.

20. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

Slash.

21. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

I don't read anything on mibba anymore but before when I did read, I picked slash.

22. What's the hardest character you've ever wrote?

All my toons that were on drugs or drunks cause I don't have any experience with that stuff.

23. Is there a certain place you like to be when you write? Something you have to do in order to concentreate on writing?

I can't have people around me so I need to be alone.

24. In which of the characters you created, do you see yourself? (If there is a character like that)

Maybe Kieran from Cursed...I'm kinda weird? Only a little bit though.

25. When you have writer's block, what do you do to get back to writing?

I just wait it out, lol.

26. If you were a character in a novel, how do you think you would be? Is there a character of a published novel which could be you?

I don't think so. I guess I'd be the character that wouldn't be a complete dumb ass? lol

27. Which is your favorite character from a published novel?

Raistlin. ::cute:

28. How often do you update?

Not often.

29. Any words for your readers?

I apologize for being a shitty updater. Forgive me, my loves. ~

30. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

Yana Toboso! Kuroshitsuji ftw

^-^ Thank you. ^-^

And with that our interviews come to the end. ::cute:

~Marian.
February 15th, 2014 at 04:13pm