Writer's / Reader's survey thingy I saw

So I saw this and decided to go ahead and do it myself. There were originally three sections but seeing as how I don't like poetry I left that part out :/

All about you, the author.

1. What is your author-pen name? (If you have one, if you don't your name will suffice or your Mibba name.)
I don't have a name picked out because I don't plan to get published but if I were to get published my name would be Kayla Jones.

2. When did you start writing?
I can't pinpoint when I started writing but I remember being really young coming up with stories and little things. I think it was back in 5th grade maybe when I had this idea for a Gallagher Girls' fan fiction.

3. Where did you start writing?
Well, pen and paper because that's usually how everyone starts, but online the first place I ever posted was Fanfiction.net. I joined that site when I was about twelve, which back then I was more about reading than writing. Ah, my teenage years. 'Scuse me whilst I go facepalm.

4. What was the first story you ever posted?
It was a story called Not A Normal Spy Year, it was an Zammie fan fiction. I'd like to think it isn't all that bad but once I'm finished it, I'll go and spruce it up a bit.

5. What is your favorite story you've ever posted?
It's got to be We Finally Made It. It's a Pitch Perfect random one-shots featuring Beca and Jesse after college.

6. What inspires you to write?
Sometimes I'll listen to music or watch t.v and I'll see something and it just lights a fire in me. It can be the simplest of things or a simple phrase that makes me want to write. Lately though, it's been actions. I'd see or do something and I find I could make a character revolving around that one action and I place that character in a story.

7. Do you want to be published?
I prefer writing as a hobby, I don't ever see myself being published. It's not one of the goals I push towards even though it's a passion of mines. I feel that being a published writer puts more stress on you and then boom.... your writing isn't good anymore.

8. Which author inspires you most and why? (Mibba-wise or published author)
J.K. Rowling it's because Harry Potter was one of my favorite series and she's successfully kept it going for 7 books and kept it interesting. One of my almost finished fan fictions is a Harry Potter one about Tom Riddle and an OC and I'm just a curious little brat too so I want to know everything there is and more about the magical worlds authors (published or not) write about.

9. What genre do you like to write most?
It used to be drama, because it's a easy recipe Happy couple + ex-girlfriend/boyfriend = drama. But now it's fantasy, supernatural, paranormal shit because that's more my kind of mindset. It's difficult to write sometimes but all I got to do is read a chapter of Harry Potter and I have some inspiration.

10. How many stories have you finished?
Less than three... I rarely finish my stories. I either get lost, I lose interest, I get too busy... there's always something and I can't force myself to write or it comes out very shitty. :c

Stories

1. What story are you currently working on?
It’s called Let Live it’s an Austin Carlile/OC fic and it’s currently two chapters in. :c

I'm pretty much in love with the idea that I have for this story. There will be eventual romance (considering she has some phobias).


2. What is your biggest story pet peeve.
I’M GOING TO STEAL HER ANSWER BECAUSE IT’S PERFECT! I don't like a fast-paced story. If person A meets person B in chapter 1, I don't think they should be in a relationship in chapter 2. Unless the first chapter is really long and covers several days. I like to see the motions, especially crushing on someone. The thought that goes into 'does he/she like me', 'what would happen if he/she found out?' etc. Just not everything has to be done within the first chapter. Personally opinion though, and if that's what people like then they do.

3. What is a story turn on?
A story with a deep secretive twist.

Like how this person doesn’t like to be touched and at the end of the story you find out they were abused and it suddenly makes everything that happened so much clearer and everything makes sense.


4. Favorite genre?
Fantasy, supernatural, paranormal, humor, and romance. Considering I write at least four of the five (sometimes) and if I’m in a super good mood I’ll write humor once in a while.

5. Original, fanfiction, or true stories?
I used to really like original, but lately I've been in a fanfiction kick. I haven't read that many true stories... because it's hard to find something I like in a true story. Unless it’s humor true stuff like from omegle or something like that.

6. Preferred chapter length.
Well, on my laptop short chapters 3000 words or less because there are too many damn distractions while I’m trying to read on my laptop, plus sometimes it’s uncomfortable. On my phone, I’ll read longer chapters 3000+ words because I won’t get too distraction and it can travel with me. In books any length.

7. How do you like your titles?
I like short titles, some stories can work with long titles. (Harry Potter for instance) Usually long titles really throw me off of the story. Especially if everything is in the title. I mean like: I'm a Girl in an All-Boys School and I think I love the Jerk. Like I already know what the story is about, no point in reading it.

8. How do you come up with characters?
Well... sometimes I hear a name and think about a personality that I think would fit the name perfectly. Sometimes it’s an action, like someone with oral fixation (someone constantly doing something with their mouth) and I feel like this would be a perfect trait for so and so… And then sometimes it’s a phrase or lyric.

9. Do you get attached to your characters?
Very. :c I remember finishing a story and I’d hate to see it finished and don’t have a sequel to it and I’m just having a nervous breakdown because I can never write them in that series again.

10. Have an opinion on self-inserts?
I don't see anything wrong with them. Personally, I put a little of myself in all of my stories. I put certain memories, certain feelings, I've never done a full character-insert because I'm simply not that interesting, lol.
February 16th, 2014 at 09:18am