Four Things I Don't Mind In Stories.

This isn't directed to 'out do' anyone else's opinion on this site. We all like different things and I 've seen several blogs in the past from different users that list that they do NOT like what I'm about to mention which I'm totally fine with. I just want to list some things that don't bother me all that much on here. Maybe I'm just passive or something but here goes.......

1. It doesn't bug me if people reply to their story comments IN their story comments. Maybe some people use it as a way to make their story look more popular but as for me, I have limited time to be on here so it's easier to click 'reply' instead of personally thanking each person who comments, on their profile. Also, I feel personally, if someone took the time to read my chapters and comment on them, I feel it curteous to reply and thank them. That's just how I am.

2. I don't mind when people place trigger warnings in the summary, even if they are super descriptive with each possible trigger. Sure the statement, "Don't like, don't read," may come off as off putting to some, but to others like me, it makes me think that maybe the author has been bashed or insulted for their work and content and feels the need to warn others. I don't use that phrase but it honestly doesn't bother me or turn me away from a story automatically. Neither does trigger warnings because to me it means the author is letting me know that there may be some material that I might be sensitive to. It's kind of like a heads up.

3. I don't mind cliche stories. We all know the public will place stereotypes on stories or even shun a story because it has certain plots or characters. I could care less if your story has a Mary Sue, Vampires or any other thing said to be cliche. I will still give the story a chance if I find it interesting. I'm not going to not read a story just because someone says, "Oh that story has vampires and a female character who is always in distress. It's probably Twilight all over again so I'm not even bothering." That 's cool if people feel that way but it kind of compels me TO read the story even more. I could miss out on a great story if I listened to certain opinions of others. I dunno.....guess I just like experiencing things for myself.....even if the experience turns out to be negative for me.

4. I don't mind smut in stories. I'm a very sexual person.....no that doesn't mean I have sex every second of the day but I openly talk about sex or things that pertain to sex. I am mannerly around people in real life who may be more modest but for the most part, I don 't try to hide the fact that I enjoy sex or that it exists. Having said that, I enjoy writing and reading smut. I do however think there should be some plot in a story other than just sex, sex, sex in every scene. It's nice to have some contrast or maybe some comical releif so the story isn't on sex overload to the point it becomes kind of predictable and stale. I know not everyone is comfortable or enjoys reading smut but there are plenty of stories to choose from without descriptive sex scenes or smut in every chapter, if at all.

Once again, this was not to make me come off as my opinion being better than yours or that you're horrible for disliking any of the mentioned things if you do. Sometimes I word things in a way that comes off as 'arrogant' or 'holier than thou' but I assure you my attitude is humble and just honest here.
February 17th, 2014 at 06:52am