Super Cool New Thing

Is there a certain amount of words I have to hit before this becomes a legitimate blog post? I don't know. Maybe. Probably. I should have paid attention to the rules a little bit more.

I spent most of my day reading a fic about James and Lily Potter, whom I love more than my own life. If you've read Harry Potter, then you probably know what happens to James and Lily.

They die. At twenty-one, leaving their son, Harry, forever known as the Boy Who Lived and (spoilers) A HORCRUX. This is where our story begins. And I am grateful.

However, I really kinda wish they survived. It's like, my guilty pleasure. The guiltiest of all pleasures. I want James and Lily to have survived and taken on Voldemort with Harry and kick ass and MAYBE THE MARAUDERS WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THE TRAGEDY THEY ARE NOW. Except Peter I hate Peter he can eat rat poison for all I care. (No fictional characters have been harmed in the making of this blog post).

(Except Peter)

So, to indulge myself, I decided to start writing a fic about what would happen if James and Lily didn't die. Is it a mighty undertaking? Yeah. Do I think I'll actually finish it? Maybe not. But the first chapter was so much fun to write and I might continue it.

If you want to read it, here's the totally cool link you should definitely click on:

Better Late Than Never
February 21st, 2014 at 05:52am