Mucho Respect...

I have heaps and heaps of respect for writers on here that can post original fiction. I've been apart of a writing website since I was twelve, maybe? So about ten years now, and I've never been able to post anything beyond fan fictions. My initial reasoning for not posting was that I held this overly paranoid feeling that I would pour my heart and soul into an original piece of work, only to have it stolen.

(This concept isn't completely insane of me, because I was actually going to read this book on the Amazon Kindle that someone recommended to me, and turns out it was yanked because the author copied the story from a website of some sort.)

I suppose I just treat my original stories a lot differently than my fan fictions. I would also feel a lot more exposed if I put up my original work, and I just am not comfortable with posting and exposing myself in such a way.

So basically this entire post boils down to me reflecting why I mentally cannot handle posting my own original works online. I promise, I'm not insane as I sound!! ;)

So! Do you post your original works on here? If so, why? If not, why not? I'm curious to hear other people's perspectives on this!
February 21st, 2014 at 04:54pm