Cheers

I would like to take a moment to recognize several moments in life that never get enough recognition, I feel. SO.

Here's to all of the story ideas you have when you were falling asleep and you would swear you would remember in the morning.

Here's to the song you promised you would remember the title to, but never it.

Here's to that moment of absolute terror that you feel for the rest of the day after almost tilting to far back in a chair.

Here's to the face you make when you accidentally fuck something up.

Here's to all the times you forced yourself back to sleep, even though the urge to pee was incredible.

Here's to all of the times you were an emotional, unstable, havoc-wreaking mess because you placed your trust in the wrong character on a television show and they died.

Here's to all the curses you screamed at a book because 'that's not what was supposed to happen' or 'this is not what I had planned.'

Here's to that split second you wonder if you're ever going to stop eating McDonalds that is gone the minute they say, "Hi place your order whenever you're ready."

Here's to that awful moment you're on the cusp of sleep and your head pops off the pillow like it was bouncing on a trampoline because you realize something is due at midnight online.

Here's to that indecision you feel after watching a movie based on a book you've read, and you're unsure if it's up to standard so you're going to pay for another ticket on another day just to make sure.

Here's to all of the times that you thought something was about you, but you weren't sure so you pretended that you didn't see it in the first place.

Here's to all of the time where you're trying to put on underwear and your toe catches the edge and makes you trip forward. The same applies to pants.

Here's to all the times you viciously fought the urge to pee at the movie theater, and the pride that fills your chest when you manage to wait until the end, charging the bathroom the minute the credits roll on.

Here's to the time that you were crying, looked in the mirror at yourself crying, and then cried even harder because you looked so damn sad.

And most of all, here is to all the awkward moments in life that you thought only happened to you and then realized that everyone else has had the same thing.
February 22nd, 2014 at 06:01pm