February Favorites!

It's that time of the month again where I post a blog of all the things I've loved this month. To be totally honest, I haven't been doing much of anything this month because I am applying to grad school and looking for an apartment and that stuff has me seriously stressed and busy, like all the time. But, I've got a little bit of a list and while I write, I will try to think up some more. It's a short month so I can be a little but more lame, right?

MAKEUP


I'm not big on makeup. My regimen is pretty simple unless I feel like being feisty and then I'll break out the smoky eye look. Day-to-day, I use pretty basic things that are affordable and mostly east to find. My daily look consists of two ways to wear makeup - eyeliner, mascara, chapstick OR mascara and lipstick. I'm a low maintenance gal.

Mascara

I am a big fan of buying my mascara from Target. It's kind of my go-to for all my basic makeup needs. My favorite that has worked for me for a long time is Maybelline: The Falsies. Now, I can use any of the spectrum of these - Black Drama, Flared, Volum Express. To me, they are all perfect and they make my eyelashes SUPER dramatic. I don't have mega long or crazy full lashes - they're pretty average. But this stuff works for me. And I have tried so many different mascaras it's not even funny. Ranging from cheap to super expensive. This one gets my two thumbs up approval rating.

Eyeliner

This is where I splurge a little bit because I used waterproof liquid liner. I used to HATE liquid eyeliner. I always got it in my eye and it's hard to control. Lots of practice later, it's pretty much all I like using. On rare occasions, I will use Maybelline Eye Studio (in Blackest Black) which isn't a liquid but not a pencil. I guess it's a gel liner? I don't know. BUT, my absolute favorite eyeliner you have to order off line that I discovered while I had Birch Box (before I switched to Ipsy which, in my opinion, is way way way better). It's called theBalm Cosmetics Schwing Black Liquid Liner. I love it. Online I think it's about $17. I picked up a different liner from Sephora that I actually hate so I'm going to go back to this.

Now, I do something a littler different with liner to make my eyes pop. I've got green eyes and they're my favorite physical attribute so I accentuate them as much as I can. To do this, because again I have green eyes it'll be different depending on what you have, I use a lavender, shiny, eye pencil along my bottom lash line. It's Star Looks and I got it through Ipsy. I use what they call the Gem Pencil in Amethyst.

Blush

I am not a big fan of face makeup. I have a pale complexion that I rather like. And now that I'm old and I slowed on the soda I don't break out so I kind of just dig my natural look (if you couldn't already tell I am mega low maintenance). I am human though and sometimes if I do wear a little something it's Garnier's BB Cream. It's not too heavy and it basically just evens me out. I do, however, enjoy blush from time to time and I just got this gorgeous matte blush from Ipsy (you should really get this and I should get paid for all the plugging I'm doing) by City Color. The color is called Fresh Melon and it is GORGEOUS. I love all things matte, typically. Not big on the sparkle - except with my eyes haha.

Lipstick

I am a lipstick FIEND. I never wore it until a couple of years ago when I discovered red is SO my color. I've gone through many different kinds of lipsticks, too. So many. I have finally found my favorite ever and it's super cheap (like $6 maybe?) and you can get it anywhere. I went to Target but knock yourself out at Wal-Mart if you want. It's Revlon (because anything beauty Emma Stone tells me to do, I'll do) Colorburst Matte Balm. I love this stuff so much for being matte (which is hard to find for cheap), staying on (unless you do some hardcore making out) and also moisturizing. Lipsticks usually dry out your lips but not this one. I like it so much I got it in three colors but my favorite, the red, is Striking Spectaculaire. On days when I go more low-key I use Maybelline Baby Lips for just a slight tint of color. I use the color Cherry Me. It's a cute little pink.

That is a lot of info on my makeup that you probably didn't care about. Oh well. Oh, and this isn't makeup but my perfume of choice (when I wear it) is Polo Ralph Lauren. I think that's what it's called. The blue bottle. Yeah, that one. Mostly, I just wear scented lotion.

FOOD


I am on a major health kick lately. I just bought one of those Magic Bullet or whatever. One of those smoothie makers and a bunch of fresh fruit. I can't wait to make some. But, I'm trying to be healthy with my food choices as well as working out. I'm gonna be so fit this summer that I could walk around in a bikini and not even care. Which would be weird, because I prefer one pieces haha.

Stawberries
Image


Like, right? They're just so good. I like to eat them with Cool Whip. Because Cool Whip is amazing.

Pineapple
Image


Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? Um, I would. Delicious and nutritious. And so funky looking. I mean, LOOK AT THAT. Who saw that and was like, let's cut this b open and see what's inside. I bet it's tasty. Wouldn't have been my first thought. I probably would have used it as a weapon or something.

And because I'm actually unhealthy a lot -

PIZZA
Image


Who doesn't? If you don't love pizza, get out of my life!

WAFFLES
Image


Leslie gets it, man.

APPS


I'm not super tech-savvy. I can usually fix something on my computer but most of the time I freak out and call dad. But, I love apps. I am always on the lookout for the next great one. And, ironically, I usually find good apps through an app. Is that like app-ception?

Brit+Co

This app is where I find other apps. It's an amazing blog site, somewhat geared towards females, and I mean it covers EVERYTHING. Food, clothes, technology, decor - you name it. They have tons of writers that search around for cool and hip new things and ideas and they write up a post and direct you how to find them. Recipes, workout guides, DIY fashion. It's amazing. It's also a website (www.britandco.com).

Weather Whiskers

>•<. CUTEST WEATHER APP ON THE PLANET. You just input your city and for every type of weather there is an adorable cat in clothing with a little funny saying (freezing rain is - teh rain iz froze. oh no). Like, it makes me laugh out loud every time I open it. It doesn't give you a lot of details on the weather but, hey, who cares? Go outside.

Kicksend

I'm sure there are a multitude of ways to get pictures off your phone printed out but this has to be my favorite one so far. Pick a convenient location to pick them up, the size, and however many pictures from your library you want and your order is typically ready THAT SAME DAY. And it's not any moer expensive than if you go there and wait for them to develop or whatever people do these days. I realized that I have very few pictures framed around my room and that made me sad so I went and got a bunch of pictures developed through this app (they were ready in less than an hour after I made my order) and only paid $20. And now it actually looks like I have friends.

MOVIE[


I saw a few movies this month, trying to get back into going more, but there was one that stood out to me out of everything I've watched. And that would be ...

THE LEGO MOVIE
Image


This movie was so freaking funny. I had high hopes because I love everyone that voices it but it blew my mind with how good it was. I love Chris Pratt and he was perfect. So funny, so unexpected (it actually gave me a surprise there towards the end), so good. The way it was shot was so amazing. Legos are rad and now I want to play with all of them.

BOYS


Because I have to. How can I not?
This is the 'Brit List' (which was unintentional, BTW)

Henry Cavill
Image


Clearly, I should have continued watching The Tudors because OH MY GOD LOOK AT HIM WITH THAT BEARD GIVE HIM TO ME RIGHT NOW. How is it possible that someone so beautiful is so bashful, too? Like, I don't get it. Does not compute. I like a guy that blushes, though. I feel like if a guy isn't humble he's probably a dickhead. And Henry seems so adorable and humble and goofy. He plays World of Warcraft for crying out loud. Shameless plug - if you love Henry Cavill and the older guy with a younger gal story line, go and check out Unscripted.

Kit Harrington
Image


Like, what is life even? I don't know words. Why is he perfect? I'll miss Robb Stark, but I will always love Jon Snow. And you can bet I'm going to see Pompeii despite the fact it is probably horribly historically incorrect. Oh well, who cares, look at that body. Like those abs ... what in the world ... it's not even fair. NOT EVEN FAIR.

Harry & Liam
Image


BECAUSE WHAT EVEN? Those arms, that hair, that .... literally EVERYTHING. I've been on a 1D break lately but the past few days I have been super feelin' it for some reason. Maybe I'll take a story off hiatus or something. BECAUSE JUST LOOK AT THEM.

Okay, so I have dinner to eat and a friend's show to get ready for and a chapter of my Klaus story to finish. And apparently nail polish to fix. Does anyone else have the problem of typing on the tips of your fingernails and chipping your polish like three days after painting your nails? Annoying.

Hey, thanks for reading this. If you even did because I don't even know what I'm doing right now. Things have gotten screwed up and I'm like whatever and words are stupid and whatever and yeah. I'm gonna go. Thanks!

xoxo, Erin
February 22nd, 2014 at 10:46pm