What is a woman?

Don't click that back button just yet. I was watching youtube videos and I happened on this woman's channel, her name is Arielle Scarcella and I found this video. If you don't want to watch a four minute video I will give you the run down of this video.

The vlogger asks what is your definition of a woman and there are several people who has sent in videos to answer this question. I thought what was said was pretty neat... everyone has their own opinion of what a woman is.

1. Curves
2. Genitals
3. Reproductive system
4. Identification
etc

And it made me think what is my definition of a woman? I don't believe a woman is just the shape of her body, the size of her chest, the thickness of her lips, width of her hips, able to reproduce, biologically born with a vagina. A woman isn't the make-up on her face or the dress hanging from her shoulders. I believe a woman is someone who identifies as the feminine side of the gender spectrum. Not to say that a man can't have feminine qualities, or a woman can't have masculine qualities so don't try and twist my words on that. If a person sees themselves as a woman, I think that's all that should matter.

There was something that was said that I really liked in the video.

"I think to be a woman, hopefully someday may be whoever you want to be and not to have to even have an answer behind that." Something to that effect since I can't remember it verbatim but it's similar! We shouldn't have to answer all these questions.

Not just with gender identification, but with everything. I know with sexuality I've been asked, "Why are you attracted to such-and-such?" or whatever... what's it matter if someone says they're a woman or if someone says they're gay or straight? It just is.

My dream is that one day we will be able to break through these horrible gender roles that society is pushing. A woman isn't a stay at home mom with beautiful curves. A woman shouldn't be expected to want to cook and clean all day, nor should a woman have to strive to be considered beautiful by Hollywood or societies standards.

Which is a whole other blog by itself because the human body is so beautiful. Trying to stay on topic.

I thought the video was pretty neat, and it makes me wonder what Mibba's definition of a woman is. So, for my late-night/early-morning question:

Mibba, what do you think a woman is?


Just want to throw this out there I won't judge on anyone's answer because there is no definitive definition. Because I mean... google's definition is: an adult human female.. So, lol, yeah. What do you think?
February 23rd, 2014 at 07:52am