The Macbook Charger Saga:

Yesterday, I toted my laptop + charger to my boyfriend's house with the intent of working on some of my updates. Yay! Good feelings! I plugged in my laptop for a little while as we watched a movie, did my thang, and then when it was time to leave I packed my charger into my laptop bag. All was gravy. Both girl (moi, obviously) and cord were in tip top condition.

I get home, and I'm all gun-ho updates. I was so ready. I pull out my Macbook and halfway through reading some of the stories I'm subscribed to (yes, I understand I said UPDATES but I get distracted oops) I pull out my cord because WARNING, MY LAPTOP IS DYING. CODE RED. I plug it on in, but the little orange light doesn't come on.

WE HAVE A CODE BLUE.

No seriously. So then I grab it to inspect for damages, and where the thin little cord connects into the box, the wires have popped out. So now, it only works unless the wire is bent in half so they can be touching one another still. I'm hoping that this little rigged setup holds me over until the replacement cord (a cost I am NOT happy about) arrives tomorrow after noon. I wish you all could see the way the box is sitting in the corner of my couch, so the wire is bent that certain way. It's a sad sight.

Every once in awhile something smells weird, but nothing has caught on fire, so...
February 24th, 2014 at 11:04pm