I Shot Avenged Sevenfold.

Image


Photographically, I mean.

I developed a serious interest in photography somewhere around 2008, probably around the same time that I went to my first Avenged Sevenfold concert, and it has always been a dream of mine to photograph them professionally. Last night, that dream came true.

Big Top, Luna Park. The lines were out the door, but I got to skip to the front; the crowds were absolutely crazy, but I got to hang out in that magical little pit between the stage and the barrier that holds back the fans. This is not my first time shooting a band in this way, but it's the first time it's been a band that I care about so much. I am walking on air.

I am in the process of sending off my photos to the publication that I shoot for, and can't wait until all of my friends are able to see them.

You will be able to view the gallery in good time - watch out for the Sydney sidewave link to The 59th Sound on Deathbat News. Alternately, you can follow my photography page on Facebook. I am Renee Shantel Photography.

On said page you will also find galleries for Bring Me The Horizon and Pierce The Veil, an interview with Kevin Skaff of A Day To Remember, and maybe even a sneak peek or two from last night's show (where I also shot Asking Alexandria and Five Finger Death Punch).

I can't believe this is my life.
February 26th, 2014 at 11:22am