To old for Mibba?

So I'm sitting here plotting out my return to active writing. Thinking to myself "This is it, time to start writing. Time to get back to this community that helped me through my life. Back to this outlet, I have seriously neglected, that I used to love working on". When a stray thought hits me...

Am I too Old for Mibba?

I'm not sure where this idea comes from. But I think there might be a little truth to it, at least in part. I joined Mibba originally a long time ago, back when it had chat rooms. Before it had fan-Fic spin off pages. Its crazy to think of the kid I was back then. I realise not only was Mibba a creative outlet but a social one. I made and lost friends and real relationships here in this community, and while I feel there is still some kind of community here, I feel so out of place.

Being 23 now, I wonder if its even possible to re-emerse myself into this site. I do want to get back into writing, thats not what has changed and I plan to stay and work on what I can. The thing is, am I an outsider now, when I used to feel like one of the originals. Does this make me old. I used to be inspired by the connections and the random topics I could have with like minded people, but it seems so unlikely that I can find that here now.

No, I am not blaming Mibba in anyway. I still love this site and am glad it has grown and changed, I just feel like once I got to my early 20's the members most frequent became so young I felt like a creeper trying to get to know people.

I have come into my own on this site, been able with friends help to expose myself and show people who I am. I miss that. Maybe it has nothing to do with age, maybe its just me. Not sure.

Anyway, random thought.
TTFN, Trevor
March 1st, 2014 at 12:20pm