I Need to Write, lest I get Rusty

“Lock up your libraries if you like; but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind.”
― Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own

There are periods in my life where I go without writing, but there’s always a part of me that needs to put my thoughts down on paper. I am never consistent with my writing spurts. I need to write every day at least, lest I get rusty. Even blog will help. I love to write when everything’s said and done. It is like no other feeling in my life.

There’s something enlightening and uplifting about writing. I feel all of my thoughts becoming real, and tangible when I write. It’s amazing what can be done with the right tools, such as passion and perseverance. Writing is a skill like anything else. I believe this with all of my heart. Anyone can write, but to write with emotion and heart is something else completely. Not everyone can connect with their readers, make them feel, make them bleed, and put their hearts on the line.

It still amazes me when a book I read tops the one I have just finished. Finding new authors is a hobby of mine. I love to read, and I want to own a huge library one day. Being surrounded by a ton of books in a majestic library, like the one in the Beauty and Beast is what I strive for. It might be nerdy, but I believe that reading helps everyone become a better person. Once you read about horrific tragedies, how can you even think of inflicting the same pain on someone? I know reading is beneficial, and that it truly is less of a past time, and more of a passion that must be cultivated and grown like a wonderful garden.

When someone tells me they don’t like reading, it shocks me to my core. How can anyone think reading is boring or dull? Readers have more lives than people who don’t read. Why is this? Well think about it this way, for every world readers traverse through, they gain more understanding, and they can say they know a little bit about where their books have taken them. That is why readers have more lives, because we experience life through characters in books. Never underestimate a reader.
March 2nd, 2014 at 08:38am