Super Secret Identities Not So Secret at All

I was watching "The Incredibles" the other day and thinking to myself, not for the first time, that their identities aren't very secret at all. It's a family of five superhumans who fight crime together with masks that don't even cover half of their faces, yet no one recognizes them at all despite the fact that they put the masks on and take of their regular clothes in public! And they aren't the only ones.

While Batman may do fairly well covering his secret identity, Gotham is not a huge city, and Bruce is very well known. How did he explain the Batman appearing only after he resurfaced from his global travels and being the only one in Gotham with enough wealth to fund the Batman's many 'toys?' On top of that, explain Robin! How does no one make the connection between Robin and Dick or the other kids who played the bird-like sidekick. Robin doesn't wear pants and again has an Incredibles mask! Come on!

Superman doesn't even try. By day a boring regular muscular hot guy with regular glasses and combed hair and by afternoon an alien muscular hot guy without glasses and with a gentle curl. The only thing that changed (at least physically) is the glasses and the hair. Too many people see him on a day to day basis as Clark to be fooled when he goes into Superman mode.

They should all just give it up and say who they are. I mean look at Iron Man. Everything worked out pretty okay for him, didn't it? But then again, he had more money than even Bruce so...
March 2nd, 2014 at 10:57pm