I'm slowly discovering that we're all really beautiful creatures

You want to know something really horrible?

You can be a lot meaner to yourself and anyone else ever could.

I've pretty much hated my body since puberty. Muffin tops and stretch marks and boobs that can't decide if they want to be DDs or not. I hated the cellulite on my legs and the fact that I don't that thigh gap that everyone keeps talking about.

And I kept telling myself "I want to lose weight of me" and "I'm not conforming to societies standards, I just want to feel good about myself"

It then it hit me (LIKE A WREEEEEEEECKING BAAAAALL).

Yes I want to do it for me.

But why would it make me feel better about myself to weigh less.
Image
How would I really feel about myself if I hadn't grown up in a society that worships a different body type?

And then I started really looking at myself.

And were I to see myself on the street, I would want to bang me.
Image

Image

And then I started looking at women with my body type and I think they're really fncking cute and I'd never even think to use words like ugly or gross to describe them. And yet I use them to describe myself.

We're pretty mean to ourselves, us people.
March 3rd, 2014 at 10:48pm