March Madness!

Sorry to disappoint any basketball fans but this blog has nothing to do with the upcoming games. I don't even follow basketball though I've pledged my loyalty to the Celtics for a friend. I digress - it's been a while since I've done a blog and it's been even longer since I've posted some recommendations for you all so that's what you'll find herein.

I'm going to do things a little bit differently though. If I started recommending stories we'd be here all night. So I'm going to recommend authors and then highlight one story of theirs that I particularly enjoy(ed). Sound good?

Jewel
I have to start with my love, Jewel. We began with a bond over The 1975 and Matty Healy and now I feel like I have a new best friend. She's wicked intelligent and I envy her skills as a writer. She captures the little details so precisely that you feel as if you've known these characters your whole life. She's not afraid of the dark side of human emotion either and I think that is so refreshing. Her stories often have a tragic element but it's done in the most beautiful way that you still fall in love. As for my recommendation: The Worst Kind of Way. I might be a little biased because it's dedicated to me but just read it. Trust me on this.

Ashlee
I am completely unashamed to admit that I love smut. I also have a completely filthy mind. Ashlee is my soul sister in that regards. But don't get it confused - her plot lines and character development are on point. She was the first author I started reading when I came to Mibba and I will be there until the day she moves on (which is hopefully never). She writes for a wide variety of fandoms (and her originals are AMAZING) but her hockey stories are my ultimate pleasure: One More Night is my current favorite. Smutty goodness for everyone.

Haley
The other fabulous person that I can completely fangirl over hockey with - especially the Blackhawks. I never knew I that I could have feels for Corey Crawford or Viktor Stalberg or Marcus Kruger. Her fics will do that to you. They grab you by the collar and yank you in and won't let go. She's incredibly talented and I'm looking forward to reading more from her and working together with her. Now I could totally plug our new co-write here but I won't. However, I have to keep the Chi-Town love going: The Sake of the Show. Go forth, my friends, and fall in love.

Dom*
Admittedly, we haven't talked much especially since she just came off a hiatus. *She revealed her name so I had to fix the blog haha. We share a love of Max Irons and her writing, well, it just speaks for itself. Her prose is so delicate and beautiful. Her imagery is unlike any other author I've read on this site. She's quite simply amazing. So, to get to the point: Idle. It's an original fic which I know is not everyone's cup of tea. I don't care. Read it.

There are a few other authors I'm currently reading but I think I'm gonna leave it at that. We'll save some for another blog, another time.
March 7th, 2014 at 05:21am