The Comeback Kid: An About Me

This post is partially due to strenuous boredom, but I also figured it would be beneficial to have a post describing myself and what kind of content I plan to produce on this account, considering the lack of information I have on my profile.

So.

My name is Anthony, though I'm widely referred to as Andy. I'm an 18 year old living out in the sticks of central Texas, and in case you’re curious, yes, it's as sucky as it sounds. Impossibly, it gets worse- in fact, it all just goes downhill from here. I currently don't have a high school diploma, job, car, or apartment; meaning, I'm pretty much still a teenager living at home with my mom, and it sucks. Naturally. I'm also very queer. So queer, in fact, I would need to present you with a powerpoint just to break it down for you. Not that I'm calling you stupid or brandishing a special snowflake syndrome. Moving on.

I am not new to Mibba. I've been absent for about four years, but at one time I was a regular user. Mibba is really where I cut my teeth in the writing scene, and maybe it's hopeless trying to return to that, but I've met people here who have changed my life, and I've read stories at fifteen that are still with me today. Honestly, Mibba feels more like home than anything, and it seems like the best place to ground myself.

My creative influences generally begin and end at TV shows, and on occasion, movies. I like Supernatural, Being Human (us), The Tomorrow People, Hannibal, etc. I also rip off good authors a lot (usually through personal dialogue as opposed to actual work) because a good author once told me to do it. I like anything that reflects the human experience. I'm passionate about people, despite my own social hang ups, and their capacity for creativity. I try to consistently strive to find a connection between myself and others and shoulder through any sense of separateness. I try to stay positive, but I'm not. I'm so negative, in fact, that I've found I must at least try to stay positive just to keep my head above water. I'm not convinced this is how it will always be, so I have that.

Truth is, I haven't regularly produced work in a few years. I'm in like, a two year slump that I've been trying to crawl out of for one. As a result, any work I post here will be an attempt to get back on the ol' horse. And it’ll probably be absolute crap.

I pretty much never write about heterosexual, non-LGBT, characters. Hey, don't give me that look: since when has anyone gotten the stink eye for pretty much never writing about non-heterosexual, LGBT, characters?? I'm sick of the whole 'it's not realistic for everyone in the story to be queer' shtick when I can literally count the number of straight, non-LGBT, friends I have on one hand. So yeah, if you don't wanna get hit stay out of the pit, idk.

I am also a writer of porn! Again, pretty much never heterosexual non-LGBT porn. But I’m very sex positive and I believe straight up porn has place in literature (honestly, it’s hardly a new concept).

Over the years I've been confined to fanfiction (earlier years: bandom slash, recent years: avengers and supernatural), but recently I've been making an effort to take on unestablished characters and branch out in my plot building and story development. I plan on posting a few original works very soon, and I know at least one of them will be NC-17.

While I love to read it, I am not a true writer of poetry; on the rare occasion that I do write something, I'll probably post it. I am trying to explore this particular creative outlet, but it's not something I can force as easily as story writing, so I'm not going to actively pursue it.

Another thing that's a future possibility, but not at all definite, is articles. I'm highly interested in creating a few, as I have a vast array of political and social opinions and concerns which I could bring to the table. However, it's not set in stone due to anxiety issues.

Anyway, this blog post is already infinitely longer than I originally planned, so

overandout.
March 7th, 2014 at 04:59pm