What Ever Happened to Allowing Others to have Their Own Opinion?

I'm fed up of seeing people having a go at others because their views on certain topics are not the same as theirs. Seriously? Are you shitting me right now?

I thought this was a place where we could express our opinions and not have them bashed. No matter what it may be, you have to respect it. You may not agree with it, hell, I know I don't agree with some of the stuff that's going on in the world, but that doesn't mean you can go out of your way to pick a fight. You can be passionate about something and still accept that other people feel the same way to the counter point.

Sure, it's great when people are passionate about things. But being passionate is not the same as throwing it in someone's face and telling them they're wrong if they don't agree. Get a hold of yourself!

One of the great debates on Mibba seems to be the genre of slash. "Why won't you read my slash story?", "Slash is just like everything else, so why won't you read it?", "Don't be homophobic."

I write slash. I write het. I read both.

If someone doesn't want to read a slash story I've written, I don't get offended. Why? Because there's plenty of stuff I don't like to read. People feel uncomfortable reading stuff about two guys/two girls. Some people are uncomfortable reading about straight relationships and prefer action/adventure/crime/horror etc. We are allowed to like and dislike things.

People have different tastes, views, opinions. Respect them.
March 7th, 2014 at 10:38pm