My Interview with ''AHLICE'' and ''itsmorgan''

Hello everybody. ::mrgreen:

Today's interviews will start with AHLICE. I seriously don't know what to rec from her work because I honestly adore everything. Check out her stories and you won't miss. There's no doubt about it. I just wish she would keep up with Slur. It's been a long while since she updated that one and I really like it. Now that I think about it Wrists and Red Lips might be my favorite, but seriously all of her stories are GRAND!!!

And with this, we reached questioning time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

No. Sorry.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

This is my third year on Mibba?

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

Definitely, yes.

04. Since when have you been writing?

Since I was nine years old.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

That, I’m afraid, is impossible. I’ve written such a wide variety of different types of stories that I couldn’t possibly give you a brief summary of all of them combined. I guess, I go for realism? I like things to feel real.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

Personal issues, issues I’ve witnessed with people who are close — and even distant — to me, and hoping to leave a positive impression on others.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

I love love love Scout and Ruben from Half AWorld Away. Just their dynamic, and how they’re each others other half, and how different yet similar they are. I love(d) writing them and fleshing their personalities out.

08. Do you do research before writing?

Almost always, if it’s a topic I need more information on before I can write it.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

HANNA (TIGERMILK). HANNAH, HANNAH, HANNAH. Everyone go search her out now, because her writing is literally the best on Mibba I’ve ever seen. That girl needs to get published.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

I love experimenting. It allows me to see things in several different ways, and to be able to really get into somebody’s head. Experimenting doesn’t always work out the way I want it, but I do it all the time nonetheless.

11. What's the hardest story you've ever wrote?

Slur. One of my first stories on Mibba that I absolutely despise and will always hate myself for.

12. What does writing mean to you?

Writing means freedom. Writing means escape. Writing means making myself and other people happy. I love to write.

13. About what was the first story you ever wrote? Could you tell us a little bit more about it?

NO. NO. NO. IT’S HORRIBLE AND EMBARRASSING AND I WON’T I’M SORRY.

14. What's the story you're most proud of?

I’ve written a story on archive of our own that’s a Zayn Malik/Liam Payne story. I don’t want to share the link, because I’d like to keep my ao3 and Mibba separate, but I absolutely adore it.

15. What is your biggest writing weakness?

Giving up too easy. I always give up on stories even when there’s promise. I don’t know why, and I hate doing it, but I do.

16. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

Used to be more of a reader, but now I write. I write every single day, any chance I get.

17. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

No. I’m pretty picky with what I read.

18. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

I used to prefer original fiction, now I’m on the borderline. I read a lot of One Direction fanfiction now; primarily romance between the band members, not OFC or OMC. On Mibba I prefer to read original fiction, though.

19. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

Yes, I do. Mostly R or PG-13.

20. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

Hmmm. Young Adult fiction? Alternate Universe? A cross between those two, probably.

21. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

Young Adult, for sure. I can do science fiction, but it has to pretty, like, realistic sci-fi.

22. What's the hardest character you've ever wrote?

Tanner ‘Nes’ Bradford from Prose On Your Tongue.

23. Is there a certain place you like to be when you write? Something you have to do in order to concentreate on writing?

In my room, on my bed, with my phone or the iPad. I have to feel comfortable in order to write; there’s no other way.

24. In which of the characters you created, do you see yourself? (If there is a character like that)

Nope. I try to keep my characters as separate as me as possible, even if they share some of my hardships. I just don’t like the feeling of writing myself in a character.

25. When you have writer's block, what do you do to get back to writing?

I start a new document and write the story all over again. Usually after 5-100000 tries I get it right — if I don’t scrap the whole thing.

26. If you were a character in a novel, how do you think you would be? Is there a character of a published novel which could be you?

I would be fairly quiet, supportive, and the considerate sidekick to the main character, probably. And no, not that I know of.

27. Which is your favorite character from a published novel?

I honestly don’t have a favorite character. Sorry I’m so boring.

28. How often do you update?

Now? Usually never. I’ve been migrating off Mibba for awhile now, and my stories have died with me.

29. Any words for your readers?

I’m sorry. Really. I suck and maybe one day this year I’ll come back and tie loose ends. But for now I can’t do it. So sorry.

30. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

F. SCOTT FITZGERALD. HAVE YOU READ THIS SIDE OF PARADISE? DO IT NOW.

^-^ Thank you. ^-^

____________________________________________________

Nxt in line is itsmorgan. This girl is an original fiction writer and only now has she sharted her first fanfic. My favorite story by her has to be Suffocation which is a student/teacher story and Dark Side of the Moon. Both stories are incomplete and I hope she gets back on updating the second one. If you like reading completed stories, she has five completed stories you can enjoy reading.

Now, I did a little digging. I can't stay away from blog entries, so this is what I found.
Ghosts.
The ghost in my house.
that fucking ghost is back.
Story Ideas.

And with this, we reached questioning time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

Morgan Cunningham.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

Probably like three years, I'm not sure exactly.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

No, I've tried but I've always ended up back on here.

04. Since when have you been writing?

Such a long time, I was in my young teens.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

I have so many on going stories; the most current ones that I'm working on or just finished.
a. first fanfic involving Josh Hutcherson.
b. a student/teacher relationship.
c. a 'biography' about someone I know that has overcome an eating disorder, and family drama.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

A lot of things. Sometimes I'll have dreams about my stories or I'll see a pictures. Sometimes, like in my story Pretty Girl, it comes from real life events of what happened to someone I'm really close to.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

I like so many of them. I really liked Claire just because what she went through was real and it was emotional. You can relate you her because she's young and has self esteem issues and has a lot going on but hides it well enough for people not to know, and I think that a lot of young girls go through similar things.

08. Do you do research before writing?

I get obsessed with researching, I'll do research for months before actually writing anything down to start the story.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

No, not really.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

I never thought I'd write a fan fiction, they scare me with the amount of work it takes to get it right but I'm writing one now. So yeah, I guess I like experimenting.

11. What's the hardest story you've ever wrote?

Pretty Girl, hands down. It took forever for me to finish and I'm not at all happy with the way it turned out because I just wanted to put all my feelings out there and it just seems messy to me. I'll rewrite it at a later point.

12. What does writing mean to you?

It means a lot to me. I used to want to be an author but now it's just something I do to pass the time and get my thoughts out there.

13. About what was the first story you ever wrote? Could you tell us a little bit more about it?

The oldest story I have on here that I actually finished and I remember is about a girl who's father died and moved across the country with her mother and autistic brother and has to overcome being the new girl and learn how to let people in after the death of her father.

14. What's the story you're most proud of?

I'm not exactly sure which one I'm the most proud of, whenever I reread them, I always feel like they aren't complete and that they are missing something and I tell myself that I'll rewrite them later but I enjoyed writing Dirty Little Secret the most.

15. What is your biggest writing weakness?

I have a lot of them. I get so excited about writing something that I just put out chapter after chapter and I don't take the time to develop things the way I want them to. Or I over think things and I start to have difficult with the storyline and end up scrapping what I thought would be a really great story.

16. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

I think that I'm both.

17. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

Yes, if someone says that it's good, I'll read it.

18. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

I prefer original because if a fan fiction isn't done right and the person doesn't do enough research about who they're writing about it doesn't seem real or genuine.

19. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

I mostly stick to pg-13 or mature.

20. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

Really any genre I am comfortable writing, but I tend to lead more to the teen/young adult or tragic. I feel like in all of my stories someone is dying.

21. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

PG-13 or mature.

22. What's the hardest character you've ever wrote?

Claire.

23. Is there a certain place you like to be when you write? Something you have to do in order to concentreate on writing?

I have to be on my bed and listening to music.

24. In which of the characters you created, do you see yourself? (If there is a character like that)

I see a lot of myself in all of the female characters that I write, I have a very clashing personality and there are days where I feel self conscious like Claire and there are other days where I think I rule the world like Cori did in the beginning. But the newest story that I'll be starting soon, the main character will be based off of me and how I view myself.

25. When you have writer's block, what do you do to get back to writing?

I forget about writing entirely for a couple weeks, most of the time I won't even turn on my laptop. I'll go to the beach, that's a wonderful place to just relax and get your mind right.

That, or mope about complaining, "Ugh, I have no ideas. Kill me now."

26. If you were a character in a novel, how do you think you would be? Is there a character of a published novel which could be you?

I'd be the spontaneous girl that has no regards of what is going on in the world around her. I'd be the friend that you'd dare to do anything because you'd know that I would do it without being embarrassed and it'll put a smile on someone's face. Maybe a combination of Hermione from books 4-7 and Luna.

27. Which is your favorite character from a published novel?

I love Luna, she's my favorite character from anything that I've read.

28. How often do you update?

I used to update like everyday but now it's like once or twice a week.

29. Any words for your readers?

I love all of you guys so much, thanks for reading! Don't be a stranger and talk to me sometime!

30. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

Another mention of Harry Potter; but definitely JK Rowling. If she would have given up after the first couple times of being turned down then I wouldn't of had the childhood that was filled with magic and friendship that I'm so grateful for.

-Thank you for this!. ^-^
-Thank you so much for your time itsmorgan. It was fun interviewing you and learning things about you.

~Marian.
March 8th, 2014 at 05:11pm