People To People/Babysitting/Chainmaille/Brother/Sick LIFE=POSITIVE.

Hello Mibba!
I am so happy. I am so happy I could cry despite being in terrible pain from a stupid ear infection. I am so happy that I simply wish to go up to each and every one of you, and give everyone a big, tight, bear hug. I am so happy, if I could describe to you in words how happy I am, I'd already be linking you to a poem.

Despite being happy, there's one negative thing: I'm sick. I've been sick on again off again for weeks now, and I have a terrible cough, and I've been been congested nonstop, as well as losing my voice a lot. I hope it goes away, because I'm starting to worry about pneumonia. A month of this is a long time. On top of that, I must've got the flu 3 times in the past two months. Wonderful. And don't get me started on my right ear. Ear infections, everywhere. The doctor said that my ear was virtually filled up with blood, and had to flush the blood out, and I've been deffer than a bat is blind. It sucks, it really does. And I'm not trying to complain about it, I'm really not, even though I am. I just think that I really had to rant about it.

Alrightly then, moving onto the positive stuff.

First things first, my brother's getting out of jail in may. Or, might be. If my dad lets him live with him, which, my dad told me he probably will. So, yay! Mein bruders coming home!

Chainmaille. I started getting into making chainmaille. Its really easy for me, and I enjoy doing it. I'm planning to sell, once I have an excess amount of product, but I'm trying to figure out where. I'm trying to sell for two reasons: 1.) So that I can get better supplies to make prettier, more elegant things, and charms and beads and stuff. And 2.) People To People. If you don't know what that is, there'll be a section in this blog about it. So, yeah, I'm trying to sell chainmaille bracelets, ankelets, and necklaces, being that i don't know how to make earrings or keychains yet. But I don't have any ideas where yet. So, help? (If it'll help you give me help, I live within easy driving distance of 4 large/major cities, and within live 10 minutes from the local Renaissance Fest., even though I'm probably not good enough (or old enough) to sell there.)

Babysitting. I'm looking to get into babysitting this summer. There's only 2 things stopping me: 1) I have to find a local-ish Red Cross course to take. And, 2) I'm freaking terrible at amusing kids. I plan on babysitting for 2 reasons, currently, and those are 1) People to People, and 2) Its something that I want to do. I like hanging out with kids, the only awkward thing that I'm thinking about is if its a rainy day/winter Saturday or we can't go outside, well, you can't necessarily plop down an Elmo coloring good in front of a 9-year-old, or a Doctor Suess book in front of a 2-year-old. I'm terrible with knowing what age groups like. And I can't really reference to what i liked when i was 3 or 4 because either I don't remember, or I don't remember, ya'know? Any advice on either the whole age group interest thing, or how to get the word out that I do babysit, and in a way that's safe and somewhat local-ish? (I'm 13, I can't drive. It feels weird putting like ads on Craigslist or going by word of mouth, you know?)

Alrightly. You may have noticed that I haven't mentioned People To People yet, and that it seems like I'm trying to make money. Well, that's because I'm trying to save money in order to go on one of People To People's trips. Here's a link to People To People's website. My mom found it. She knows that I really want to travel, and she also knows that this program is educational, and (even though its not cheap) fairly cheaper than what it would cost for me and her to travel to Europe, and do all the activities that they do, and tour what they do, plus living expenses and rental cars for 20 days. She estimated that in order to do that, it would be about $12,000 per person. So, yeah. Its relatively cheaper. I am currently looking into a trip for 2016 (I'll be in 10th grade). But I did want to ask you guys, did any of you ever go to an exchange program, or a program that is sort of like this one? How did you like it? Did you ever go through/delt with/know people that went through the program People To People? If so, how did you/they like it? Do you trust the program?

I believe that's it for this blog. I believe that this blog is waaaaaay over 100 words, as well. Please let me know what you think. Sorry for all the questions. I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Now, I'll go dig for some of the answers myself. Your feedback would be appreciated.
Love you all,
~<3 Deţts
March 8th, 2014 at 05:44pm