Little Things

I'm suffering from a severe case of insomnia tonight... er, this morning. I haven't slept and I've been trying to find ways to distract myself in the hopes that I will just drift off. One way that I've been taught is to list all the small things that make me happy. So I thought I would just share those things with you.

- Fresh, hot, handmade soft pretzels from the Amish farmer's market.
- A good cup of tea.
- My dog's happy howl when I come home from being out.
- Also when he gathers his bed in his mouth and kneads it like he's still a nursing pup.
- The smell of old books - like when you go into a small shop or library.
- When boys call you "darling" or "love."
- The massage part of a pedicure.
- A cool shower after you've worked up a sweat.
- Taking a moment to memorize the shape of a snowflake before it melts in your palm.
- The classic comfort of a cardigan and a pair of leggings.
- Singing at the top of your lungs no matter how awful you sound.
- Being able to recognize a song after only the first few notes play.
- Freshly laundered sheets - bonus if they're still warm from the dryer.

I'm sure I have more but I'll end there for now. Leave me a comment and tell me some of your favorite little pleasures.
March 10th, 2014 at 01:06pm