You're not making me jealous, so knock it off + Mibba

'The Jealous Type'

Okay, this isn't a blog about anything that is currently happening. I just got asked this question last night by a boy who may or may not become my boyfriend soon? Who knows?

Anyway, he asked, "So, are you like the jealous type?"

And I told him yes, but I don't think he really gets what I mean.

I'm not so much jealous as insecure. If a guy I like is trying to make me jealous by flirting with someone else, I don't get jealous. I get depressed. I'm not like, "Oh my god, he should be flirting with me. That nasty hoe needs to back the hell off."

I am more like, "Well, that person is better than me. They are more attractive, smarter. They must be better if they stole his attention away from me. They probably make him the happiest he's ever been. He deserves that. I guess it's fine. It hurts like Hell, but it's fine..."

I don't believe I'm good enough for anyone. So, potential suitors; the 'make-him-jealous' plan will only hurt me and lead me to become distant. I will back off so you can be happy with someone else.

- - -

Also, did anyone see the blog rule reminder? That you have to have correct grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and you cannot use chat speak in the blogs?

Personally, I do not like this rule. However, I understand it. Mibba is a writing website, after all, and we should set an example of good writers and such. However, I also think that these blogs are very different from poems, stories, and the like. They are supposed to be used for personal expression, and some of us express ourselves by saying "totes" or "omg" and personally, I do not see the issue with that.

But whatever, a rule is a rule.
March 12th, 2014 at 02:35am