British Education - what do I do about this

December - our Physics teacher basically vanished. Everyone just assumed she was ill, because the same time a year before there was an outbreak of winter vomiting. Other teachers help us along with our *actual GCSE coursework* that was supposed to be completed in January.

January - Spotted in school once. Crying to head of KS4. No one knows why.

February - Gone. Comes back half way and says she can only teach GCSE. Coursework incomplete. We have no idea what we're doing.

March - Gone again. Still no coursework. 4 modules left. 3 months until *actual physics exam with no coursework*

There's loads of rumours flying around about what's going on. I think it's safe to give you examples
1) she ripped up a dyslexic kid's work in front of the whole class.
2) she isn't even qualified to be a teacher
3) she's skiving.

What really pisses me off is that no one knows what is going on in Physics now. Our Biology teacher (best Science teacher we have) is actually leaving in the summer because she has to do all the physics works. A supply teacher who used to act in Coronation Street takes some lessons but she knows nothing. And then there's the very important deputy head who doesn't have the time between scaring year 7s an scaring year 7s.

She belongs to a union, which means if our head tries to sack her all kinds of shit could go down. But this is our GCSE. You don't get a single one for physics, you get one for all three. So if you do bad in Phys but get As in Biol and Chem, you can drag your mark down to a C. All because she can't be bothered to turn up/isn't allowed to turn up. Even the teachers don't know what's going on.

So could we demand the school get rid of her? Because I need a B in science to study Psychology. If I fail - it'll be her fault. Or, once we've all failed terribly, could we like, sue her or something? I know people who need to pass Psychics with As and right now we're all looking at a D.
March 12th, 2014 at 04:48pm