I Dreamt About A Cow Named Billy Guff

Usually when I get home from school (which is around two o'clock), I take a nap until 3:45. I'd rather sleep for a little longer, but my brother is eight and someone needs to get him from the bus stop and his bus comes at 3:50. I maintain that he's old enough to just walk across the street but does anyone listen? No.

Anyway, usually during these naps I'm not so much asleep as I'm... lucid dreaming? I don't think that's what it is, but it's the closest thing I can think of to describe. Basically, I'm semi-aware of time passing and have these really insane dreams that I usually never remember by the time my alarm goes off so I can get my brother.

A few days ago, though, I had this really involved and awesome dream and I remembered it!!!! I consider it an accomplishment. It pains me to think of all the really great dreams I've had that I don't remember. Think of the story ideas. Think of them.

So I woke up from my nap in a haze and immediately wrote down what I remembered about the dream as a note on my phone and then stumbled outside (in twenty degree weather) to get my brother. I then proceeded to forget about the note on my phone until I had to check it later that night because I was looking for something else (my homework list).

The note said this:

Billy Guff is a cow that eats humans.

Superheroes stuck in a time loop.

I'm sure you can see the immense amount of potential, here.

What I can remember right now as I'm writing this is that the world was ending somehow and the superheroes from all universes were joining together to help. However, as the day progressed, they all kept getting sicker, and slowing down, and I can remember this REALLY vivid and tearful scene of Thor on the ground, unable to move because of this mysterious sickness with Mjolnir like a foot away. The sickness is because someone locked them forever in a time loop that repeats the day before the world ends for all eternity, and so they're all dying constantly and forever only to restart again. They have to figure out how to get out of the time loop and save the world so the entire universe doesn't keep dying over and over again!!

The next image that comes up is of this cow/goat hybrid cackling (because he's involved with it somehow?? who knows???) and the name I've associated with this cow/goat hybrid is Billy Guff. Who knows why. I told my friends about it and they think I'm mildly insane.

I'm still really tempted to write about the superheroes in a time loop, though.

Anyway, has anyone had weird dreams that they can still remember? If you have, leave a comment and we can discuss weird dreams in all their glory.
March 12th, 2014 at 11:19pm